PL Ipswich Town (h) post match thread

After a less than auspicious start, we made it look easy, and won the game at a canter.

Erling was his usual brilliant self in front of goal, and took his goals extremely well. The penalty was a typical Håland example of how to take a spot kick.

But the star of the show was, once again, Rico. He was fantastic, and seemed to be everywhere and was always available to accept a pass.

It was great to see Mr Boulders back in a City shirt. I know at least one poster, who will be over the Blue Moon.

Nice to see Jack back and James come on for a cameo, along with Matheus.

But the biggest cheer - apart from the goals - of the afternoon was saved for the returning ice cream salesman. It was fantastic to see Ilkay back in a Blue shirt, and though he didn’t set Etihad alight, he showed flashes of what we missed last season.

All-in-all, a good workout for the lads, and more valuable minutes in their legs.

Oh, and by the way, we’re top of the League.
As you say, Rico was absolutely fecking brilliant, been MOTM in both games so far. He's the same size as SWP, 5ft 5" but his hair puts him a couple of inches above that, he's absolutely superb, he'll be a regular in the team this season, he's a proper talent, he's so good.

10th hat trick for us in barely over two seasons, and the first hat trick of this season, in the second game.

23rd of his career at 24 years of age.

thor-thor-infinity-war.gif

Edit: And my FPL captain (along with a billion other managers). ;-)
But did you triple point him :)

That was a an enjoyable game and I did think the team would have been a little more distracted with the occasion of Gundo's return but Pep managed that side well.

Blistering first half hour and then Ipswich well and truly parked the bus.

Hugely dominant performance; don’t know if was a coincidence but after Gundo and Jack came on City seemed to take even more control of the game.

Very encouraging start to the season. Keep key players fit, especially Erl, Kev and Rodri, and we should have another good season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.