Places to get stuck following City

From what I can work out, Wembley to Stratford on the tube before being woken on the way back to St. John’s Wood. Changed back for a Stratford tube and was woken at Bond Street on the last one before closure. Ended up in a hotel courtesy of my credit card.

I always have one with me on trips just in case I’m genuinely stranded. This one was self inflicted.

78, maybe 79, Spurs away over the Christmas/NYE period. I was staying at my sisters in Morecambe, brother in law dropped me at Forton Services about midnight. Got to Knutsford about 6am, it was snowing, tried continuing south but gave up about 12, crossed over the footbridge and tried for a lift north, fucking 7pm when I eventually got picked up, 13 fucking hours, should have just walked home to Stockport. Anyway, after 2 more lifts my brother in law picked me up in Leyland about 1am. No idea if we won or not.
December 1976 it would have been. We drew 2-2. A mate who lived in London had been visiting his mum up here and picked me up. His car then broke down on the motorway and wouldn't start. I knew next to fuck all about cars but logic told me it was the contacts on thr starter motor so I fiddled about with it and got it going again. He thought I was a genius! We went to that game.

Been left standing in the car park of Madrid airport when the coach that was taking us to our hotel fucked off without a few of us. And got absolutely pissed wet through walking back to Swansea station on New Year's day after our game there in 2013.

Last edited:
Got the service train back to Manchester from Norwich after missing my lift home the next morning. That train stopped at about 3674563 stations on the way home. No fun with the world’s biggest hangover :-(

I’ve slept in Piccadilly Train Station many times after a home game and a night out in Town afterwards and just waited for the first Mets to start running.

What was that European game on a remote island off Sweden? About 100 blues made it and had to get a ferry or something. Was when we qualified through the fair play league I think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.