Places you wouldn't go back to in a hurry.

gazinho said:
Feed-The-Goat said:

Hey you ****, you better be referring to the top of Oldham there not only is it a shithole its also really windy!

Middlesborough is a shout horrendously backward dull looking place.

There are different parts to Oldham?

I wont be going back to check, so i'll have to take your word for it.

Aintree - went there a few years back for the National. Hated every minute. Expensive beer, bar staff that charge you whatever the hell they like, full of giddy drunk lads looking for a fight. Maybe it was a bad year, but never again.

Alder Hay Hospital - Have to go for my little one, worst hospital I've ever been to and that list includes a few. Parking is a nightmare so you inevitably have to park outside some angry scousers house who doesn't give a fook that you have a little babe with a hospital appointment - that's HIS piece of road, apparently. Inside, the place is falling down and is thoroughly depressing, and they seem to take joy in making you wait hours for your appointment, which was rescheduled from February to August, only to find out they wrote to you only this morning to reschedule this appointment. Anyway, hate the place for multiple reasons.

The maternity ward + birthing suites at Stepping Hill. Indeed, at any hospital I guess. Grim places, usually staffed by a contingent including at least one nurse who gave up giving a fook many years ago. And, trust me, you'll never want to go back there again after nurse on call asks you to quickly press that red button on the wall, and again, and one more time.. no matter how calmly she tells you.

Cayo Coco in Cuba - or maybe I should say the Krystal Laguna Hotel in Cayo Coco, Cuba (it's now renamed btw, can't remember what to). Cuba was fantastic, the people are great, the place is beautiful and the cigars and drinks are sublime. But this particular hotel didn't value hygiene, and the holiday we were sold as a faraway romantic getaway was to the same place Canandian teenagers on spring break all go to - their Blackpool really. If we weren't spewing out of both ends in our room, one of these knucklehead kids almost certainly was doing so outside. Add discarded rubbers and underwear regularly thrown into the lagoon, and you have one piss poor holiday experience. Shame, as the hotel had one of the best cigar lounges ever.

Sir Lanka - went there on first leg of our honeymoon before the Maldives, was not prepared for the enormous journeys to get anywhere. Why didn't they buyild the bloody airport at least somewhere near the resorts? Four hours! On the one hand we saw turtles laying eggs, rode elephants and more, but the roads were seriously bad. One day we went from the hotel to Elephant Orphanage, then to Kandy and back home. Twenty hours that took, in a taxi with no air conditioning, and ten minutes in to the journey our driver ran over a stray dog and sped off. *bump*bump* YELP! "It's ok, mister, it's just dead dog". Great.

Perissa on Santorini - Santorini is a great place, but Perissa is a bit of an underdeveloped tourist trap. Lots of fishermen whose homes became cafes overnight. Hardly any traditional Greek food or culture, they just pander to what they think tourists want (probably right in most case to be fair). Expect the ding of a microwave in any place you try to eat, though Kamari round the other side of the bay is much more eloquent in it's offerings. I ordered something that sounded great - layers of beef and greek style potato in red sauce, sounded like stefado type thing, beef in red wine, lovely. Out it comes - beef mince with chips on top, with a squirt of ketchup to finish it off. Loved Santorini other than that though. Though again, when I come to think of it, we did see a dog run over there too, as we were waiting on a coach. Horrific. Little legs were still cycling even though it's head had been squished to mush. Poor thing.

The Thirsty Scholar in town - they gave me balsamic vinegar to put on my chips. Balsamic!

Sound like a right moaner now, Swear I'm not. I can have holidays and enjoy them, honest!

maryport in cumbria. its on the coast,terrace houses n cobbled streets, its got an offy and a park but no people...dire

I watched an olympic football match at Old Trafford, won't be going back there anytime soon... took me ages to get the stench off in my acid shower

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.