Platini {merged}

Just sent this the our Minister for Sport, Gerry Sutcliffe sutcliffeg@parliament.uk

UNFAIR ATTACK ON MANCHESTER CITY FC BY UEFA

Dear Gerry,

Do you think it is time for a government response to M Platini's constant attacks on the Premier League and Manchester City in particular?

His latest specific outburst is as follows, reported today in the context of UEFA plans to ensure (some) clubs have to break even before they are admitted to European competition:

'City can spend £300m if they want to, but if they are not breaking even in three years then they cannot play in European competition' declared Platini.'

The views of the Chelsea owner in this context are interesting as well. Platini went on to say:

'I haven't spoken to Manchester City about this and I don't remember meeting their owner but I'm sure I will. I have, however, met with Roman Abramovich. He is a football person and is passionate about the game. He loves football. But he has come to me and said that we must do something about this. It doesn't matter if one team doesn't agree, because this is what the clubs want. I have spoken to Silvio Berlusconi at AC Milan and Massimo Moratti at Inter Milan, as well as Abramovich; all agree we have to do something. Abramovich, Berlusconi, Moratti, they do not want to fork out any more.'

Platini as usual fails to mention Real Madrid in all this of course.

A more blatant attempt to protect the cartel so-called Elite clubs is difficult to imagine.

I hope you feel this issue merits your official attention. Our FA & Premier League seem strangely silent, no doubt a reflection of the influence within their ranks of the current elite recipients of UEFA largesse.

Yours sincerely,

As long as were not in debt we are fine, so all the Sheik has to do is write off the money that we owe, and there's nothing more Twatter can do.

What Abramavic doesn't seem to realise, is that he will have to cancel all the debt that Chelsea owes to him, which is quite a large amount.

Looking at this from another angle, it could actually play right into our hands. In three years time we should be a top four club and competing in the champions league. The prize money from a good run, getting through the group stage to the quarters say, added to the TV money plus gate reciepts and additional merchandising could net around 35-40 million add that to premiership prize money and sky TV money and you're looking at around 70-75 million per season. Uniquely City could use all that cash on transfers, easily enough for the 2-3 players a season we would need to strengthen an already good squad. This ruling would therefore prevent other billionaire investers from buying into clubs and threatening our place at the top table. Bring it on.

I can see the headlines shortly after these rules are introduced:

"M.C.F.C. Store enjoyed record pre-season sales this year including 1 major order from Abu Dhabi for 50 millions home shirts!"

GaudinoMotors said:
I hope the Clubs lawyers are listening to Parry on Talkshite - He has just inferred we have been behaving in a "corrupt" manner in our transfer dealings.

There's no doubt in my mind that people from the club will be keeping an eye on this thread and listening to Talkshite, whether anything will be done about it, I don't know.

And I think everyone is missing one key point here.

No Champions Leage football if the club is in debt.

We can clear our debt with a virtual click of a button.

Them from across the way can't.

Bluemoon115 said:

The point is they are trying to ban that from happening - the proverbial sugar daddy from clicking said button to wipe out debt.

Project said:
Bluemoon115 said:

The point is they are trying to ban that from happening - the proverbial sugar daddy from clicking said button to wipe out debt.

But we haven't got any debt......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.