Platini v's R.O.I

If France do get knocked out (hopefully),

What new rules can we expect from Twatini?
Maybe the introduction of the 'loaded middle easterners can only invest in french clubs' rule
or ' all teams must field at least 6 french nationals in major competitions'

Be prepared for a backlash.

Ya in the past every single time we're so deep in recession and our economy is in ruins, sport tends to be our shining light, or something like that. We tend to succeed on the field when we're completley broke off it.
Lets hope this isn't the exception. Qualifying for the world cup would warm our hearts on a very cold winter of depression.
That said and the fact that I'm going all the way to Dublin from Cork, and I hate going to Dublin, but if we win I'm pretty sure that the recession, in Dublin at least, will find a cure because the pubs will be flowing all night long and no one will have a penny to their name afterwards.
Just thinking about what the country would go like if we qualified..and then thinking about what'd happen if we didn't..it's unbearable to line them up against each other.

We concede nearly every single time we score, so a 0-0 all draw at home would do fine, it'd be a brilliant result (obviously we'd prefer to win, but beggers can't be choosers and we're desperate,) then away to France, if we can just sneak a goal then anything's possible.

IrishMacca said:
Ya in the past every single time we're so deep in recession and our economy is in ruins, sport tends to be our shining light, or something like that. We tend to succeed on the field when we're completley broke off it.
Lets hope this isn't the exception. Qualifying for the world cup would warm our hearts on a very cold winter of depression.
That said and the fact that I'm going all the way to Dublin from Cork, and I hate going to Dublin, but if we win I'm pretty sure that the recession, in Dublin at least, will find a cure because the pubs will be flowing all night long and no one will have a penny to their name afterwards.
Just thinking about what the country would go like if we qualified..and then thinking about what'd happen if we didn't..it's unbearable to line them up against each other.

We concede nearly every single time we score, so a 0-0 all draw at home would do fine, it'd be a brilliant result (obviously we'd prefer to win, but beggers can't be choosers and we're desperate,) then away to France, if we can just sneak a goal then anything's possible.

Domenche won't be allowed to fuck up. Expect two French favoured refs for both legs and maybe Given or Dunne red carded in the first leg for fuck all.

I really want Eire to win this so much but convinced everything will be against them.

mat said:
IrishMacca said:

Domenche won't be allowed to fuck up. Expect two French favoured refs for both legs and maybe Given or Dunne red carded in the first leg for fuck all.

I really want Eire to win this so much but convinced everything will be against them.

I can see *touch wood* that it wont happen, but I can see Given being injured, probably taken out in the first few minutes of the game and Dunne been sent off, and 101 fouls on Keane missed. Henry then taking a tumble in the penalty box and it being given.
And as ironic as it is, we never get any luck. Hopefully the 2 French games will be diferent.
Nerves have really kicked in now, looking at the build up on the news..God I hope we get a good result.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
COME ON IRELAND!!

IrishMacca said:
mat said:

I can see *touch wood* that it wont happen, but I can see Given being injured, probably taken out in the first few minutes of the game and Dunne been sent off, and 101 fouls on Keane missed. Henry then taking a tumble in the penalty box and it being given.
And as ironic as it is, we never get any luck. Hopefully the 2 French games will be diferent.
Nerves have really kicked in now, looking at the build up on the news..God I hope we get a good result.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
COME ON IRELAND!!

I will be with my irish stepdad in his local cheering them on.

IrishMacca said:

IrishMacca, I just wanted to ask you, you seem like a bloke who takes his football quite seriously, just what would it do for you to win this match? Would it be the equivalent of City winning a Cup, say? I myself don't get all that worked up over international football, and to be quite honest, if we lost tomorrow night I'd only be a little bit disappointed, but how would it be for you in all three scenarios, win, lose or draw? PS I may not agree with you about Stevie Ireland, but I admire your convictions and your willingness to stand up for your views

I see our fat french fuck has got the new president of the European parliamant to sign

up for his financial UNfair play plan...

seriously will this tosser ever just FUCK OFF

he stresses the shit out of me

bluedub said:
IrishMacca said:

IrishMacca, I just wanted to ask you, you seem like a bloke who takes his football quite seriously, just what would it do for you to win this match? Would it be the equivalent of City winning a Cup, say? I myself don't get all that worked up over international football, and to be quite honest, if we lost tomorrow night I'd only be a little bit disappointed, but how would it be for you in all three scenarios, win, lose or draw? PS I may not agree with you about Stevie Ireland, but I admire your convictions and your willingness to stand up for your views

Would it be the same as City say winning the FA cup, not really, not near the same level. I'd be delighted to see City winning it but if Ireland qualified for the WC, it'd mean having the whole adventure of the WC coming up, the build up to it, it happening, the last wc was amazing, the atmosphere, the craic, mixing with the fans, the pubs, the hosts, everything was amazing and Ireland did very well, you'd have to wonder how well we'da done if Roy Keane was there. Win it maybe? (lol, we can always dream..but ya never know.)

England is much bigger then here, it's much bigger country then Ireland, it's a much bigger population with a host of different type of people. We've 4 millionish people, when it comes to sporting occasions we all get behind our team, be it rugby, football..etc. It unites the whole country, while in England it seems to seperate ye more then ever.
If you ask an Irish Man U fan of Given captaining the Irish side, they'd only be too delighted, nobody deserves it as much as him, he's the best player on the pitch by a mile, while you've got most City fans, disgusted at seeing Rooney captain the English side for a friendly.

I suppose it's got everything to do with the countries different atittudes.

We know that we're going in against better teams and hope that our fight, our spirit and passion, and our unity as our teams with some excellent players like Given, will get us through, while ye go into comps ye think ye're the better team, set yerselves up for failure, and then blame everyone around ye when ye do fail.
England is a team of hyped up individuals while Ireland are a team who'll go out, play together and enjoy every minute of it. When ye think of the last time ye were in a world cup ye think of failure, when we think of it, "Here come the good times" (song) plays. Like tonight in a show looking at the game tomorrow.

We love it, while a lot of ye despise it and resent it.
This country would thrive being in the WC, while ye just get bitter with eachother.
Here it's a united country backing a united team, while with ye, it's a nation looking for fall guys and a group of individuals, only out for themselves.
Thinking about the game..overwhelming nerves. The thought of qualifying, I mean what a feeling, I can imagine the players and fans celebrating like crazy on the pitch and it's such an overwhelmingly good feeling, but the thought of failing, it's heartbreaking.

And ye don't seem to get it.

To see Ireland go to a WC and enjoy that whole experience compared to City winning a cup, means more to me. Now if you were to ask me if I'd rather City win a cup or Ireland win a random friendly, then obviously it'd be City.
There's always different comps for City and always next year, we've been waiting 7 years, and it's a lot of players last chance to go to the WC, I'd have to say I'd pick Ireland every time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.