Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
mancity5 said:
kupest said:
Put 2-3 of them in. If we lose it doesn't matter at all. Atleast Ilheanacho should be getting minutes.

What a crock of shit.... I, like others, pay good money to go watch City.

I don't pay good money to go watch the kids play, so we can get beat.
I pay good money too and i'd like to see a couple of the kids in there, in fact i'd be pissed off if there wasn't...
If only someone was PAID good money to make that decision.

Neville Kneville said:
... we need. Players for the squad. We don't need these kids to be Aguero, we need them to be able to contribute, so we don't end up having to sign more Javi Garcias or similar. If we get a Silva or Aguero out of it too (which we may well do) then fantastic, but all we really need, is for some of them to come into the squad, & take up the places of some of the backup 'squad' players, which saves us a fucking fortune.

As for playing them out of 'sentimentality' & other such stupid fucking ideas, we wouldn't be playing them as a reward, you fucking idiots, we would be playing them to give them experience, to try & help them realise what they will need to get them to become senior players, to benefit the fucking club....

Spot on

I'd play:

Hart

Sagna Boyata Mangala Kolarov

Milner Fernandihno Lampard Barker

Silva Ambrose

Got a good mixture of youth and home grown players. Have the big guns on the bench in case Southampton get too comfortable.

Anyone who's against us putting a player from our youth academy into the team is stupid. The excuse 'you don't know how they'll react to it, it might be bad for them' tops the lot.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Kinkladze 1 said:
EDS got embarrassed 4-0 last week by another youth side. Putting them up against men for any more than 10mins at the end of the game would be a recipe for disaster. Don't forget they'll not have our proper first team around them to win the ball back. Surely there'll be a lot of second stringers in the team on Sunday.

You are aware we are not obligated to play the whole team, we can just select one of them?

I don't understand your comment about a second string team, surely it will be our strongest team, which will hopefully provide perfect conditions for a debut late on (ie with a 2/3/4 goal lead with 20 mins to go if they play well).

Yes I am aware we are not obligated to play the entire EDS team ( as per my last 2 sentences). I can't see MP playing our best team. Surely Aguero, Silva, Dino and others will be rested now the job is done.

I'd rather play a bag of cow shit at CB than Boyata, who is the worst footballer in the top half of the Premier League.

they need to earn a place in the first team ,but firstly need to earn their place in the first team squad ,our coaches will know who will be able to step up and if they are good enough then they will make it, we aren't little old city anymore every first team shirt needs to be fought for, not given to them as a good will gesture.

Rather than insulting each other, why not study the team and assess our relative strengths and weaknesses.
City are top scorers, but if we sell Dzeko, we might need an extra striker next season. Similarly, we've never really replaced De Jong, or even Garcia.
We also need a midfielder who can bust a gut to be in the middle for those crosses from Kolarov or Navas.
Do we need a quality left winger, a replacement goalkeeper or a decent reserve centre back?

Now is there anybody in the youth team who can save us some money over the summer?
I haven't a clue, but throwing them in regardless makes no sense.

Damocles said:
So now the excuses have switched from "we shouldn't play youth because the game is too important" to "we shouldn't play youth because we financially need second place" and now to "we shouldn't play youth because I pay to watch the big names and we should end the season on a high"?

As I said previously, we have a small set of supporters who don't have the bottle to support us any more and instead want to support either City 15 years ago or Real Madrid with little room in between.

We'll be bringing youth players through and putting them in big games whether you can handle it or not so I suggest that this is something that you accept now to cause unnecessary frustration in the future.

Then next season they will be saying 'we can't play any of them in a cup game because we don't want a repeat of last season'. And 'we can't risk any of them at home against the worst team in the league because we lost to Burnley at home last season'.

In point of fact there will NEVER be a game where some will say that a young player can put in an appearance.

Is it really going to do any harm if Kelechi plays striker on the weekend and we give Kun a rest? Will it be the end of the world if Angelino comes on at half time to replace Kolarov? If George Glendon or George Evans come on in the second half and become the first Mancunian player to come through the ranks from the under 5's to play for the first team, won't that be a matter of pride for all the fans at the game?

Pellegrini has said that there are 3 or 4 players in the EDS that he thinks will come through, and they are not our strongest age group.

I am afraid the glory hunters are going to have to get used to seeing the occasional young player come on in games.

For the uninitiated there is some incredible talent in the junior ranks, and City fans should be looking forward to their progress, not living in fear that we might actually lose a game because a young player is on the park.

Kinkladze 1 said:
EDS got embarrassed 4-0 last week by another youth side. Putting them up against men for any more than 10mins at the end of the game would be a recipe for disaster. Don't forget they'll not have our proper first team around them to win the ball back. Surely there'll be a lot of second stringers in the team on Sunday.

They need loaning to Championship or Div 1 clubs next season to experience playing against blokes not other 18yr olds. Right now they are miles away from being allowed anywhere near the first team.

The EDS beat Southampton 4-0 on Tuesday, and Southamption had several players who'd played in the Premier League in their starting XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.