Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
LadislavMplmx said:
Kaini Industries said:
So why, when we were 3-0 up against Palace, did he bring Scott Sinclair on instead of Ambrose?

It's not because of pressure to win - he's just not interested in promoting young players and so isn't suitable to manage City.
you reckon that was one of the main questions he was asked in his interview for the job......."are you interested in promoting young players"?
pmsl

He was brought in under that magical word "holistic" who was supposed to bring everything closer together and he hasn't done that at all.

What is the word holistic anyway? The EDS, U18, U16, U15 and U14 all play 4-3-3 and he continues to play 4-4-2 every game, what's holistic about that? They idea was that the youth would play the same formation and style as the first team so that their passage into the first team would be as smooth as possible, that isn't the case at all.

I'd rather they didn't insult our intelligence and just come out and say they got rid of Mancini because they didn't like him.

Deepest Blue said:
Yates said:
Kelechi looks too good already for U21's will surely be in the first team or on loan next season.
Post and pre season should tell us more.
One thing I noticed last preseason was that he was often in good positions but nobody passed to him. Hope he gets more service this time.

Would love to see him get a cameo tomorrow, but I have no doubt this lad will have a huge part to play in the not too distant future. Looking forward to seeing what he is capable of.

LadislavMplmx said:
Kaini Industries said:
So why, when we were 3-0 up against Palace, did he bring Scott Sinclair on instead of Ambrose?

It's not because of pressure to win - he's just not interested in promoting young players and so isn't suitable to manage City.
you reckon that was one of the main questions he was asked in his interview for the job......."are you interested in promoting young players"?
pmsl
yes it probably was tbh

WNRH said:
LadislavMplmx said:
Kaini Industries said:

pmsl

He was brought in under that magical word "holistic" who was supposed to bring everything closer together and he hasn't done that at all.

What is the word holistic anyway? The EDS, U18, U16, U15 and U14 all play 4-3-3 and he continues to play 4-4-2 every game, what's holistic about that? They idea was that the youth would play the same formation and style as the first team so that their passage into the first team would be as smooth as possible, that isn't the case at all.

I'd rather they didn't insult our intelligence and just come out and say they got rid of Mancini because they didn't like him.

If holistic means winning the league every other year and coming 2nd when we don't, then I'll have some of that.

mosssideblue said:
WNRH said:
LadislavMplmx said:
pmsl

If holistic means winning the league every other year and coming 2nd when we don't, then I'll have some of that.

Why get rid of Mancini then? He did exactly the same.

WNRH said:
mosssideblue said:
WNRH said:

Why get rid of Mancini then? He did exactly the same.

?

Despite the win today, none of them bar Kelechi (who looked a world apart from anyone else) look anywhere near ready for the first team bench. You can't play them just because they're the youth and we want to promote them. They're simply nowhere near good enough yet. Pellegrini was there today and i've little doubt he thought the same.

ninjamonkey said:
Despite the win today, none of them bar Kelechi (who looked a world apart from anyone else) look anywhere near ready for the first team bench. You can't play them just because they're the youth and we want to promote them. They're simply nowhere near good enough yet. Pellegrini was there today and i've little doubt he thought the same.

Sounds sensible to me. Thank you ninjamonkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.