Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full strength side for EDS. Fantastic. I didn't play all that money to see the future, I paid it to see Fernando boss the midfield and Jovetic look deadly every time he has got the ball. Well play, Manuel.

chesterguy said:
Its clear that some people want to play youth without any regard to how ready they are for the step up that is required

Yes they won under against a U21 Porto side but they were completely dominated how do you think they would cope playing a side trying to compete for a Europa league spot with a number of top international players

They need to learn about the intensity of the professional game on a regular basis and those that are ready for that next step have been loaned out to gain that level of experience at a level that is right for where they are in their development that isn't in the 2nd best team in England

I agree about bringing young players through and the CFA has not been built as some sort of white elephant but as I have said trying to bring through players who are good enough for one of the best sides in Europe is not the same as bringing through young players at City pre 2008. If we had been a top 4 pre-2008 the number of youth players to have played for City would have been a lot lower than it was

Why not let the professionals who see these players day in day out decide when is the right time it is in no ones interest to not bring through young talent it just has to be done in a consistent and sustainable way

This is complete and utter blind faith based on nothing. How can nobody else see this?!

Damocles said:
chesterguy said:
Its clear that some people want to play youth without any regard to how ready they are for the step up that is required

Yes they won under against a U21 Porto side but they were completely dominated how do you think they would cope playing a side trying to compete for a Europa league spot with a number of top international players

They need to learn about the intensity of the professional game on a regular basis and those that are ready for that next step have been loaned out to gain that level of experience at a level that is right for where they are in their development that isn't in the 2nd best team in England

I agree about bringing young players through and the CFA has not been built as some sort of white elephant but as I have said trying to bring through players who are good enough for one of the best sides in Europe is not the same as bringing through young players at City pre 2008. If we had been a top 4 pre-2008 the number of youth players to have played for City would have been a lot lower than it was

Why not let the professionals who see these players day in day out decide when is the right time it is in no ones interest to not bring through young talent it just has to be done in a consistent and sustainable way

This is complete and utter blind faith based on nothing. How can nobody else see this?!
The problem here is these professionals can only think of today and not of the future. Managers jobs are at risk, especially at a club like ours where trophies are the be-all-and-end-all of it's existence, and two or three successive defeats in crucial games can mean the sack. So any manager in Pellegrini's position just isn't going to take a chance on any young player unless there is no other choice, no matter how promising that player is. So it looks like 'same old, same old' until the penny drops that the 'same old' are no longer doing it, and then the chequebook is brought out to settle an immediate problem and then the youth players get pushed further into the background. There you have it folks.

I'm no cynic said:
Damocles said:
chesterguy said:

The problem here is these professionals can only think of today and not of the future. Managers jobs are at risk, especially at a club like ours where trophies are the be-all-and-end-all of it's existence, and two or three successive defeats in crucial games can mean the sack. So any manager in Pellegrini's position just isn't going to take a chance on any young player unless there is no other choice, no matter how promising that player is. So it looks like 'same old, same old' until the penny drops that the 'same old' are no longer doing it, and then the chequebook is brought out to settle an immediate problem and then the youth players get pushed further into the background. There you have it folks.
and its took 30 pages for the penny to drop ha

So why, when we were 3-0 up against Palace, did he bring Scott Sinclair on instead of Ambrose?

It's not because of pressure to win - he's just not interested in promoting young players and so isn't suitable to manage City.

Kelechi looks too good already for U21's will surely be in the first team or on loan next season.

Yates said:
Kelechi looks too good already for U21's will surely be in the first team or on loan next season.
Post and pre season should tell us more.
One thing I noticed last preseason was that he was often in good positions but nobody passed to him. Hope he gets more service this time.

Kaini Industries said:
So why, when we were 3-0 up against Palace, did he bring Scott Sinclair on instead of Ambrose?

It's not because of pressure to win - he's just not interested in promoting young players and so isn't suitable to manage City.
you reckon that was one of the main questions he was asked in his interview for the job......."are you interested in promoting young players"?
pmsl

with the look of the EDS team today(well done by the way) looks like bluemoons call for youth will be thrown a deaf un by manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.