Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mahrez

• Foden

• Alvarez

• Total voters
Player of the year is about the most important player. If Haaland gets injured, I am certain Alvarez would keep us up there (we are scoring pretty much the same amount of goals as last year, it's not like those 50 goals from Haaland are extra to what we used to scored). Now don't misunderstand me, I think Haaland is the greatest goalscorer and threat football has had in a while, but City is a TEAM and we were at the same level for the last 5-6 years. Alvarez would allows us to play false 9 just like last year, and he is an even greater threat than Gabby or Bernardo or even Foden who used to be our false 9 the last 2 years. If Rodri gets injured, that is season over for us.

Same for Barca at their peak, Messi can get injured and they would still be winning most titles. If both Xavi and Iniesta are injured, they cannot play the way they want to and it's an even bigger deal. Is Messi better than Xavi or Iniesta? Of course, but that doesn't mean he is more important than either.

I guess you think Gerd Muller was the best player of the 70s, when he was not close to being that (despite breaking pretty much every scoring record back then). Reducing football to IS only about goals scored is just reductionist at best, and lacking of understanding of what football is at worst.
Whether Alvarez would have "kept us up there" is irrelevant. Haaland is the one with 51 goals and therefore gets my vote. If you think that's wrong, reductionist and lacking understanding of football, I can live with that.

The correct answer is:

Haaland
Ake
Stones
Rodri
Jack
Akanji
Kev
Bern
Dias
Gundo
Ederson
Foden
Mahrez
Alvarez
Walker
Rico
The rest

Cancelo

I’d probably shuffle Gundo up a few places but can’t argue with that, and I’d like to give more credit to Eddie, who’s really narrowed down the errors leading to goals, and improved the whole shots to goals ratio (even though that stat is a bit silly) but it looks about right to me
The correct answer is:

Haaland
Ake
Stones
Rodri
Jack
Akanji
Kev
Bern
Dias
Gundo
Ederson
Foden
Mahrez
Alvarez
Walker
Rico
The rest

Cancelo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.