Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mahrez

• Foden

• Alvarez

• Total voters
I watch City every game when there's no clash with my own team and I've been fortunate enough to probably see over 80% of your games this season. From what I have seen my personal top 3 would be:

Rodri
Ake
Grealish

Stones probably won't get player of the season but he has been a lot more important than most neutrals realize. I don't think any of our other defenders would be capable of playing the hybrid role anywhere near as well as he has. They are all excellent defenders but I'm not sure they would look comfortable stepping in to midfield. Lewis is the only one that can do it but we would not be as solid defensively.

Since we added Haaland to the team, Pep has been searching for a way to get the best out of him whilst also having as much control as we normally do and nullifying the opposition's threat on the counter.

I'm over simplifying it but his solution has basically been to have 5 really good defenders and 5 attackers. In the past, we've had the likes of Zinchenko and Cancelo playing as inverted full-backs, both of whom are technically gifted but have weaknesses defensively. Now we have Stones performing that role so we can still dominate the midfield but when he drops back we have a backline that consists of four players who love to defend.

Without Stones I don't think we could've played the system we are currently using, or at least it wouldn't have been as effective, so in that sense he's been our most important player.

Stones probably won't get player of the season but he has been a lot more important than most neutrals realize. I don't think any of our other defenders would be capable of playing the hybrid role anywhere near as well as he has. They are all excellent defenders but I'm not sure they would look comfortable stepping in to midfield. Lewis is the only one that can do it but we would not be as solid defensively.

Since we added Haaland to the team, Pep has been searching for a way to get the best out of him whilst also having as much control as we normally do and nullifying the opposition's threat on the counter.

I'm over simplifying it but his solution has basically been to have 5 really good defenders and 5 attackers. In the past, we've had the likes of Zinchenko and Cancelo playing as inverted full-backs, both of whom are technically gifted but have weaknesses defensively. Now we have Stones performing that role so we can still dominate the midfield but when he drops back we have a backline that consists of four players who love to defend.

Without Stones I don't think we could've played the system we are currently using, or at least it wouldn't have been as effective, so in that sense he's been our most important player.
Is John Boy the most under rated player in the big six?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.