Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Mr HJ said:
Oh if only Kolarov could defend better he would be some player. His crosses are fantastic I do wonder btw why he doesn't take more corners!! But yesterday as an example of his defending - he got caught out of position several times in the first 30 mins, and twice failed to get a defensive header further away than the penalty spot. He strikes me as the sort of man that will not stay behind to work on his faults but overall his positive points far outweigh his negative ones - we need to be careful playing him against certain types of wingers. Good to have him fit as we have a lot of games coming up.

His delivery and set pieces can be lethal but he's a liability when on the back foot.Clichy,in current form...... would always be my pick against quality opposition.

Horses for courses and when both are fit rotation is key depending on opposition:

Against the likes of Southampton and Everton where they play with full backs pushing on it'll be Clichy all day long.

Against a flat back four Kolarov comes into his own, he's at his best when he only has to concentrate on going forward because his delivery from wide areas is probably the best in the league.

I don't know what was going on with Kolarov today. From the start of the game he looked slow, cumbersome and disinterested. A very poor effort which caused Mangala to be pulled out of position on numerous occasions.

jollylescott said:
I don't know what was going on with Kolarov today. From the start of the game he looked slow, cumbersome and disinterested. A very poor effort which caused Mangala to be pulled out of position on numerous occasions.
Nothing went on, that was your standard Kolarov performance.

pudge said:
jollylescott said:
Also didnt sing this year..

Pathetic performance. He portrays himself as a hard man on club website but he's the biggest pussy on the pitch.

In 1 game out the other does nothing for any of our fullbacks and certainly only hurts our defence as a whole

pudge said:
jollylescott said:

Clearly the odd man out in terms of ability. He was crap again and I cant see why Pellers continues to play him.

Has to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a fullback, absolute disgrace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.