Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's the kind of player who as he's on the borderline of being too slow, so he needs a run of games to get his motor up to speed and we saw the benefit today.

I would also add that because he was up against Dier, hardly a natural attacking RB, and Lamela, who kept diving inside onto his left, that he had a slightly easier time of it, but he played really well regardless and contributed to other areas to help the rest out.

Think he'll leave but that's only because Clichy is HG and has his spot guaranteed for his career.

I agree with this, also worth adding Silva did a good job defensively on the left today too. I've never seen him tackle/intercept/block so many potential dangers in a game let alone a half.

Spurs defended really narrow and as such he was always in acres of space. Mde lots of runs and was always an option. Also his block saved s certain goal. Brilliant today.

I've always had a soft spot for him. I'd prefer to keep him to Clichy, he's much smarter, and I think we'd be better off with two attacking LB's. Doubt it will happen tho.

It is no coincidence that Kolarov & Clichy's best form has come when they have been given a run of games in the team. The constant rotation of our defence is the main reason we look a shambles at the back.

Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
It is no coincidence that Kolarov & Clichy's best form has come when they have been given a run of games in the team. The constant rotation of our defence is the main reason we look a shambles at the back.

If MP wants to give squad players game time, rather than rotation send them to the U21s - Van Persie and Falcao have both featured in the rags U21s this season.

Kept a clean sheet nice to see a settled back 4 for once a boo boy for fans to hate. People forget his performance in the Semi of the FA cup against the rags playing out of position. Won us the game and led us to the final for our first trophy in along while. Some of you on here need to sit yourself in a dark room watching videos of city days in the past. You'd be fucking happy of a player like Kolarov.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I would also add that because he was up against Dier, hardly a natural attacking RB, and Lamela, who kept diving inside onto his left, that he had a slightly easier time of it, but he played really well regardless and contributed to other areas to help the rest out.

Great point; he looked like a beast in Italy and provoked us to play such an inflated fee because in Serie A, and particularly the post-Calciopoli era he played in, most teams used 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers; it meant he had no direct, constant offensive threat to deal with and a shitload of space to push forward into at his own wooden-legged pace. His first league game for us against Aaron Lennon saw him absolutely destroyed.

The reality is he's had one good season in 5 years with us, and it'll be good riddance once he leaves this summer.

I personally think he gets far too much stick of some city fans , no he is not one of our best players but has been here for all our trophies to date, well since the takeover, good to see him have a decent game, and to the so called city fans that boo or slag a player off in a city shirt Fuck you. That is all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.