Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Football is rife with failed drug tests at the moment , hope they dont test Kolarov , hes got to be on something , he has been shite all season and the last half a dozen games , hes played like a man possessed , (he needs to ring Wio , and ask the coke head how to swerve a drugs test)
He started the season really well and was first choice right through 'til his injury in October. Fair enough he was in and out of the team and pretty poor after that 'til April. But doing really well again now.

KippaxCitizen said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Football is rife with failed drug tests at the moment , hope they dont test Kolarov , hes got to be on something , he has been shite all season and the last half a dozen games , hes played like a man possessed , (he needs to ring Wio , and ask the coke head how to swerve a drugs test)
He started the season really well and was first choice right through 'til his injury in October. Fair enough he was in and out of the team and pretty poor after that 'til April. But doing really well again now.
Give him a run of games and he's the best true LB in the league in terms of actual impact.

Sounds bold but I'd stand by that.

Kolarov splits opinion, and has always struck me as a moody, depends-who-we-are-playing, slightly shady character, capable of sublime brilliance and defensive madness in the same game.

Whereas Clichy usually gives an uderwhelming 6 out of 10 performance, Kolarov can be anything from 3 to 9.

For the last six games, he's been one of our best players, but I'm pretty sure it was the same last season.

Perhaps there are better left backs, but not for the £16m that City paid for him

If we're gonna get a shite amount for him - 6-8m, would rather keep him unless there's someone amazing lined up to replace.

u will find just as many goals clichy is at fault for as u will kolarov.

going forward its a no contest

route46 said:
u will find just as many goals clichy is at fault for as u will kolarov.

going forward its a no contest
trouble is Clichy is homegrown. I would have Kolarov over Clichy but if we are buying a left back then Clichy will be the one to stay for that reason only.

baildon blue said:
blue underpants said:
Steady end to the season, hope he stays we would miss that left foot hammer
I agree a nice steady end to the season .
Hope he stays .
I've a feeling that he will until Angelino more ready . His wages are out of step with most LB's and he brings something different to the norm. Many teams would love his gallops forward and if the LCB/DM can be relied on to cover him then he is indeed a worthy player for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.