Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

shevtheblue said:
Don't care what anyone says, I like him. Best crosser in the squad, never complains even when he was rotated for no reason last year.

Spot on. Plus, IMHO, any fullback who gets Nathan Dyer substituted is a decent defender too!

I for one would keep Aleks, when he plays well City play well and I honestly don't see a better left foot or crosser in the Prem! Yes he isn't the fastest or the best defender but if he had those assets he would be the best full back in the world!

Keep him, he offers options , he is a much better defender than 90% of blues give him credit for and he is a great character!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'd definitely keep him, assuming we can address the home grown rule elsewhere than left back. If not, we might have to hang onto Clichy, who I like, very much, but I'm getting a sense his time at City should be coming to an end.
I, unusually also like both players. Why, may I ask do you think Clichy's time may be up?

hutton who blue said:
I'd definitely keep him, assuming we can address the home grown rule elsewhere than left back. If not, we might have to hang onto Clichy, who I like, very much, but I'm getting a sense his time at City should be coming to an end.
I, unusually also like both players. Why, may I ask do you think Clichy's time may be up?
I think he's becoming more inconsistent, like he was towards the end if his time with Arsenal. I'd love to be wrong, but I wonder if he needs another move to remotivate himself. It's only a hunch. I could very well be completely wrong!

hutton who blue said:
I think he's becoming more inconsistent, like he was towards the end if his time with Arsenal. I'd love to be wrong, but I wonder if he needs another move to remotivate himself. It's only a hunch. I could very well be completely wrong!

Both are good defenders, neither is brilliant. When both are on top form IMO Clichy is the better of the two, but Aleksandr gives us another dimension with his dead ball and crossing ability. Then again, a Clichy is home grown.

My preferred option would be to bring in a world class left back that AK can rotate with. But life ain't that simple.

I don't rate Kolorov or Sagna. Neither link play well. I'd be happy to see both replaced with full backs who can add to the attack yet not just be spectators in defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.