Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Re: Boyata

Been one of his biggest critics as he couldnt win challenges on the floor or headers.....he did both well last night so a well done from me.

MDM must be great to play alongside for a young lad,never hides.

I'll be honest, i feared the worst when i saw his name on the teamsheet, but if you could pick one of our centre backs for him to play alongside, it would be Demichelis, id even suggest that he will bring the best out of Mangala as well

Thats not a negative against Vinny, its just that he prefers to concentrate on his own game rather than help pull a teammate through theirs. The experience of Demichelis last night was vital, i imagine he will have given Boyata a pep-talk before the game and installed a hell of a lot of confidence in the lad

Usually when he gets a chance, it's in a half-baked team in the charity shield, or the early rounds of the domestic cups.

Last night was the best time to judge and to be fair he did better than most people expected.

Nothing better, nothing worse. Just keep improving.

chris85mcfc said:
I'll be honest, i feared the worst when i saw his name on the teamsheet, but if you could pick one of our centre backs for him to play alongside, it would be Demichelis, id even suggest that he will bring the best out of Mangala as well

Thats not a negative against Vinny, its just that he prefers to concentrate on his own game rather than help pull a teammate through theirs. The experience of Demichelis last night was vital, i imagine he will have given Boyata a pep-talk before the game and installed a hell of a lot of confidence in the lad

Just after Boyata was booked I noticed captain Yaya had a quiet word in his ear which Boyata seemed to appreciate. It's good to see the old heads doing their jobs and helping the less experienced lads along.

Did pretty well last night apart from a couple of unnecesary fouls. I think it helped having the experience of Demichelis alongside him and it was noticeable that he went 'hunting' while Demichelis stayed put. Didn't let us down at all.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Usually when he gets a chance, it's in a half-baked team in the charity shield, or the early rounds of the domestic cups.

Last night was the best time to judge and to be fair he did better than most people expected.

Nothing better, nothing worse. Just keep improving.

Was just thinking the same thing. Phasing in kids with the senior team has to be a lot better than throwing a whole load in together.

Until that sending off against Arsenal people were raving about this lad. I am not sure how or why he lost his way but let's hope he is on the way back,we need young players coming through now.

Tbilisi said:
Been one of his biggest critics as he couldnt win challenges on the floor or headers.....he did both well last night so a well done from me.

MDM must be great to play alongside for a young lad,never hides.

same here. he did so well.

keep it up lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.