Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Re: Boyata

bluemoondays said:
We need these sorts of players, even if he never turns out to be world class you don't need (and probably can't have) top class players as backup for world class players. We need some squad members capable of doing a job against the 'regular' PL teams like, Palace, Hull, Sunderland etc who aren't going to be earning £100k+ week and who are happy to turn out and cover for the 1st squad and do the job.

Look at Wes Orange and John O'Shea, they've got trophy cabinets stuffed with medals but nobody would ever have labelled them as world class, just fairly decent pro's who accepted they were a rotation option so the 'stars' could be rested. If they can come from our academy then it's even better when they get registered in the squad.

Really glad to see Dedrick have a good game and even if he never becomes a 1st team regular hopefully there'll be a place for him as long as he keeps performing to the standard we need in a squad role.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather be earning £40k/week at City being used as rotation and picking up medals than earning £40k/week at Sunderland, playing more often but at the end of your career having nothing to show for it.

Couldn't disagree more, football's moved onto a different world from that rag team with John O'Shea and co. The likes of Lescott who are solid prem players aren't good enough to be members of a squad like ours. IF we want to compete on all fronts and especially in Europe where the money is, we won't get by on decent standard players. Look at the likes of Bayern and Real - if we had injury issues and had to play decent squad players we'd be battered. Their teams are excellent even with injuries. It's not a dig at Boyata as he has shown decent quality at a young age and has suffered a crisis of confidence since he was sent off against Arsenal after 10seconds a few years ago, but in general we won't get very far without a real quality squad. At the moment we've got it through the likes of Navas and Milner who can handle big games and are experienced and then Demichelis and Lampard who have played on the biggest stage.

So what sort of quality do you believe we can attract that is happy to sit on the bench,at best..... for 99% of his time at the club?

I think Boyata is the ideal level,i have always stated that and stand by it.The fact the individual counts as HG is a bonus.

I agree 3rd choice,Demi as it stands,should be very high class,but even that quality is hard to attract when they are not guaranteed games.

FantasyIreland said:
So what sort of quality do you believe we can attract that is happy to sit on the bench,at best..... for 99% of his time at the club?

I think Boyata is the ideal level,i have always stated that and stand by it.The fact the individual counts as HG is a bonus.

I agree 3rd choice,Demi as it stands,should be very high class,but even that quality is hard to attract when they are not guaranteed games.
I agree with you pretty much but do wonder why you never took that stance with Garcia ;)

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

I agree with you pretty much but do wonder why you never took that stance with Garcia ;)

Haha very true.

I might be wrong but I'm consistent. I don't think Garcia was right for us and despite an ok performance yesterday I stick by neither Is Boyata or Sinclair.

These players would not get in Bayern's squad and that's where we are aiming.

Agree with Supercity88

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Haha very true.

I might be wrong but I'm consistent. I don't think Garcia was right for us and despite an ok performance yesterday I stick by neither Is Boyata or Sinclair.

Agree with Supercity88

Boyata has been very badly handled by people like Mancini, early in his career. His confidence was destroyed. If he can get it back, he has much more of the required attributes to be a Premier League central defender, than Nastasic or Rekik for example. Faster, stronger, better in the air. He was nice & confident on the ball in his earlier days.

Boyata was one of our top prospects until he had his confidence kicked out of him.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:

Haha very true.

Agree with Supercity88

Boyata has been very badly handled by people like Mancini, early in his career. His confidence was destroyed. If he can get it back, he has much more of the required attributes to be a Premier League central defender, than Nastasic or Rekik for example. Faster, stronger, better in the air. He was nice & confident on the ball in his earlier days.

Boyata was one of our top prospects until he had his confidence kicked out of him.

I'd say its Nasty that's having the confidence issue. To my mind Boyata has had lots of chances not only with us. If he wasn't homegrown I can't have ever imagined us buying him. I do think the owners would like an academy player in the squad though so perhaps that is Boyata for now.

Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Haha very true.

Agree with Supercity88

I'd say its Nasty that's having the confidence issue. To my mind Boyata has had lots of chances not only with us. If he wasn't homegrown I can't have ever imagined us buying him. I do think the owners would like an academy player in the squad though so perhaps that is Boyata for now.

The only chances he had was after he'd been pissed about by City, where he was thrown into huge games against people like Utd, Arsenal, Juventus, with hardly a game in between, then dumped amidst huge criticism.

He has never had the chance to play regularly in a solid team, like Nastasic has.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:

Haha very true.

Agree with Supercity88

It's definitely the mental side of the game that will make or break Boyata.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Garcia was brought in for big bucks with a job in mind,he certainly wasn't expected to be on the fringes of the squad.I never saw anything in Garcia that suggested he was ever close to those expectations........it was never personal,as I never faulted his character......and I may have been taking my frustration out on the individual when it should have been directed more at the person responsible for bringing him here and exposing his limitations within an environment unsuited to his ability.

I have always seen potential in Boyata,i am very confident he can be an asset to us.

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Haha very true.

Agree with Supercity88

I am not so sure. Would you have said the same about Boateng? He was far worse for us than Boyata has ever been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.