Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Re: Boyata

Last night was the first SERIOUS chance Boyata has been given since Mancini blamed him for a 3-0 home defeat to Arsenal, when he fouled Chamakh and got sent off. He was a young kid at the time, thrown into the deep end. Since then, he has had to figure out who he is for himself....and then Pelle came along.

Pelle was a CB like Boyata...not the best in the world, but with attributes that gave him a decent professional career. He has clearly put his arm around Boyata and has ALWAYS spoken well of him, even though he has not played him much.

He is currently the number four Number 5 at the club, and with Nastasic still injured, he may even be 5th with everyone fit and healthy. However, he is a very young lad, and color me stupid, but it wouldn't surprise me if Boyata and Mangala were the number one pairing in 4-5 years. Both are fairly raw young talent, but I think both will get plenty of opportunities over the next few seasons.

The questions that will determine Boyata's career at City are:

How does Pelle REALLY feel about Boyata?
Will he give him more than the odd chance this season and groom him?
Will City re-up his short term contract next year?
If they do, how will the NEXT manager view his attributes?

From my perspective, especially watching him play last night, if you had not told anyone that our best defender and Captain was injured and his replacement had not started a Premier League game in forever, you wouldn't have known it.

In fact, I dare anyone to say they would have thought Boyata did not belong in that team last night and that he did not play very well.

At the end of the game, he took a knee and said a little prayer before Hart came out and gave him a massive hug! Says everything from the player who relies on him the most!

Chippy_boy said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
I agree with you pretty much but do wonder why you never took that stance with Garcia ;)

Haha very true.

I might be wrong but I'm consistent. I don't think Garcia was right for us and despite an ok performance yesterday I stick by neither Is Boyata or Sinclair.

These players would not get in Bayern's squad and that's where we are aiming.

Agree with Supercity88

I am not so sure. Would you have said the same about Boateng? He was far worse for us than Boyata has ever been.

I liked Boateng but I never felt he wanted to be at City.

I don't think Bayern will want Boyata. I just don't think ok is good enough. I think the vast majority of our squad are better than ok.

ChicagoBlue said:
Last night was the first SERIOUS chance Boyata has been given since Mancini blamed him for a 3-0 home defeat to Arsenal, when he fouled Chamakh and got sent off. He was a young kid at the time, thrown into the deep end. Since then, he has had to figure out who he is for himself....and then Pelle came along.

Pelle was a CB like Boyata...not the best in the world, but with attributes that gave him a decent professional career. He has clearly put his arm around Boyata and has ALWAYS spoken well of him, even though he has not played him much.

He is currently the number four Number 5 at the club, and with Nastasic still injured, he may even be 5th with everyone fit and healthy. However, he is a very young lad, and color me stupid, but it wouldn't surprise me if Boyata and Mangala were the number one pairing in 4-5 years. Both are fairly raw young talent, but I think both will get plenty of opportunities over the next few seasons.

The questions that will determine Boyata's career at City are:

How does Pelle REALLY feel about Boyata?
Will he give him more than the odd chance this season and groom him?
Will City re-up his short term contract next year?
If they do, how will the NEXT manager view his attributes?

From my perspective, especially watching him play last night, if you had not told anyone that our best defender and Captain was injured and his replacement had not started a Premier League game in forever, you wouldn't have known it.

In fact, I dare anyone to say they would have thought Boyata did not belong in that team last night and that he did not play very well.

At the end of the game, he took a knee and said a little prayer before Hart came out and gave him a massive hug! Says everything from the player who relies on him the most!

i thought the lad had a game to be proud of

Chippy_boy said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
I agree with you pretty much but do wonder why you never took that stance with Garcia ;)

Haha very true.

I might be wrong but I'm consistent. I don't think Garcia was right for us and despite an ok performance yesterday I stick by neither Is Boyata or Sinclair.

Agree with Supercity88

I am not so sure. Would you have said the same about Boateng? He was far worse for us than Boyata has ever been.

its close but true.
attitude wise boyata buries him.

Boyata looked like he belonged last night. He was very solid and looked like he had some confidence in his passing ability.im pleased for him.

de niro said:
Chippy_boy said:
Cobwebcat said:
Haha very true.

Agree with Supercity88

its close but true.
attitude wise boyata buries him.

One is a World cup winner, Champions League winner, won the Bundesliga twice and been a first pick for Bayern Munich. The other couldn't get a game ahead of footballing gods such as Tim Ream and Zat Knight.

Just thought I'd bump his thread, thought he had a pretty solid game today, didn't do much wrong, and I thought him and Mangala looked OK together, considering Kolarov was having another 'mare, and it was like playing three at the back first half. He's doing the job required, allowing Demichelis a well earned rest today, he looks a lot more confident than he has previously.

Did well considering it was his first start since Sunderland away. He is ideal cover for a couple of season and hopefully he will secure a decent club for himself at the end of his contract.

I have always defended the lad,i doubt he'll ever be a first choice in the big games but as a back up he fits the bill just fine,still improving as well.

Well done Dedryk,it cant have been an easy ride.

cleavers said:
Just thought I'd bump his thread, thought he had a pretty solid game today, didn't do much wrong, and I thought him and Mangala looked OK together, considering Kolarov was having another 'mare, and it was like playing three at the back first half. He's doing the job required, allowing Demichelis a well earned rest today, he looks a lot more confident than he has previously.

Agreed mate. I like him and think he's showing he can slot in and out and do a job. He's at last showing some progression again, after seeming to stand still for the last three years. His passing is better and he's more comfortable on the ball.

When he was 18 I thought he could go all the way with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.