Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Re: Boyata

baildon blue said:
He did ok in the second half .
But he was poor in the 1st half .

As were 9 players (I exclude Caballero). What's your point?

So far Boyata has done well whenever Pellegrini called for him. I think it's about time we try and get it out of our system the lad is worthless. He's not. He's a young player for a CB, he had to deal with a new partnership yesterday and he has hardly played a game. So for what you can expect from him he did more than ok, as he did vs Sunderland away.

eversince 76 said:
baildon blue said:

So far Boyata has done well whenever Pellegrini called for him. I think it's about time we try and get it out of our system the lad is worthless. He's not. He's a young player for a CB, he had to deal with a new partnership yesterday and he has hardly played a game. So for what you can expect from him he did more than ok, as he did vs Sunderland away.

eversince 76 said:
baildon blue said:

I include Cabbers. He was a bit slow getting down!!!

cibaman said:
I'm not sure why he's getting so much stick for their goal. It seemed to me that when the ball was played behind Mangala the Wednesday player had at least two yards of space. Boyata couldnt be sure that Managala would make that up. He had to come across to stop the Wednesday player cutting in and having a clear run on goal. He had another City player, Sagna, behind him who should have been able to pick up the Wedndesay goal scorer. But it was still the case that Mangala was in a better position to make the tackle than was Boyata. It seemed to me that he made the right decision to cover Mangala.

There were a few City fans around me ysterday who were blaming Boyata for the goal. Half of them blamed him for not getting closer to the winger, half of them criticised him for not picking up the goal scorer. Which suggests to me that it wasnt an obvious choice for him.

The goal was Sagna's fault imo. There were only 2 players to worry about. Boyata and Mangala were dealing with one. The other was Sagna's responsibility. He halfheartedly covered the area but if he had made a bit more of an effort he could have stopped the goal.

I'd prefer Boyata at RB than Sagna!

Boyata was fucking shit in the first half but his only saving grace was that Sagna was so fucking bad I started to question the clubs decision to let Richards go. And when you think how fucking awfull Richards has become that is saying something.

if you take in to consideration that our four CB's are VK / MDM / Mangala / Noyata, then the worse double act is without a doubt Mangala / Boyata, its not good enough for a game in CL or top half PL game. For a club our size this combo its not good enough.. As a player Boyata tries is heart out, but he has to be chosen carefully who he is along side and who we play.

eversince 76 said:
baildon blue said:

From the first half performance Boyata was ok in a team of mediocrity. We didn't have much threat or ability to hold the ball up front so that put pressure on the defence / Yaya / Fern. Their passing was all under pressure and with not much on, Boyata coped as well as the rest. When you think only Mangala has had a run of games Kolarov looked very rusty and way out of form Sagna similar but to a less extent. Boyata seemed fine to me. He played it very simple and did little wrong. Second half was easier for him and again he did the simple things well. He is a good cover player but realistically he is not going to get the game time for us and I dont see how he will ever get a good run unless there are significant injuries. I think he is a better player than Nedum who is ok in a shaky QPR defence, would be interesting to see where he ends up.

RE the goal, you have to credit Wednesday for the approach play, it was a good run and ball in behind Kolarov and a good cross that caused the problems. Once that ball was played through everyone has to adjust and it would be harsh to fault any of the others, no guarnatee VK or MDM would have done any different.

It's great that at least Demichelis got a well deserved rest and in games like this, we really should be ok even with Boyata on the pitch, but my Lord, what was his thinking at the first goal? They had their two strikers running upfront and he was like, well, covering Mangala for no reason instead of just picking up their lone striker.

willy eckerslike said:
I'm not sure why he's getting so much stick for their goal. It seemed to me that when the ball was played behind Mangala the Wednesday player had at least two yards of space. Boyata couldnt be sure that Managala would make that up. He had to come across to stop the Wednesday player cutting in and having a clear run on goal. He had another City player, Sagna, behind him who should have been able to pick up the Wedndesay goal scorer. But it was still the case that Mangala was in a better position to make the tackle than was Boyata. It seemed to me that he made the right decision to cover Mangala.

There were a few City fans around me ysterday who were blaming Boyata for the goal. Half of them blamed him for not getting closer to the winger, half of them criticised him for not picking up the goal scorer. Which suggests to me that it wasnt an obvious choice for him.

Agree seemed in two minds about which option, winger or picking up goal scorer. He seemed to dither early on.
A little later Mangala/Boyata both went up to head a long ball away, looked like they were going to clash heads. Which suggests that there was no shout and no communication. Maybe his indecisiveness was down to a lack of leadership at the back.
As an aside how big a unit was their No.9 the scorer?? Huge bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.