Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Manchester_lalala said:
He needs a proper run in a side, not being a bit part player like he is here. Maybe another loan, but he's no spring chicken now. Really don't know what to make of him.

Fair points but he's only 2 or so months older than Mangala, the £32m signing who 'just needs time'. ;)

ColinLee said:
coleridge said:
Mister Appointment said:
For someone who's been so roundly mocked on here for being shit, his last couple of appearances for the club have been very creditable. Granted today was only a friendly but I agree he looked to marshall the defence very well.

I was mocked a couple of years ago for saying that he would come good in time. He will, in my view. He may yet be the future CH with Mangala. Who knows?

For the last time, the one thing for sure is that he is now an adopted son of Manchester and is in no hurry to leave his [and my] beloved Didsbury. I believe that his growing assurance and maturity reflects his contentedness, which is not to be confused with complacency, of course.

Oh, and now [I assume that] he is a homegrown player.
HG and Club Trained since he's been here forever.
I wouldn't have been one of the ones mocking you, I've always thought he had it in him. He just needs the belief in him to give him a few games.

I think the very low opinion that many City fans have of him is not so much because of his performances in a City shirt, more that his loan spells at Bolton and Twente appear to have been very unsuccessful. There's an expectation that when a City player goes out on loan that he will shine. If he's not good enough for a lower level club then he cant possibly be good enough for City. Its an understandable, if over simplistic, belief.

I would like to see him and Vinny play on Saturday

Maybe he can step up and form a solid partnership with our captain

mad zab said:
I would like to see him and Vinny play on Saturday

Maybe he can step up and form a solid partnership with our captain

Would be very happy if our capt had a solid match ;)

cibaman said:
ColinLee said:
coleridge said:
I was mocked a couple of years ago for saying that he would come good in time. He will, in my view. He may yet be the future CH with Mangala. Who knows?

For the last time, the one thing for sure is that he is now an adopted son of Manchester and is in no hurry to leave his [and my] beloved Didsbury. I believe that his growing assurance and maturity reflects his contentedness, which is not to be confused with complacency, of course.

Oh, and now [I assume that] he is a homegrown player.
HG and Club Trained since he's been here forever.
I wouldn't have been one of the ones mocking you, I've always thought he had it in him. He just needs the belief in him to give him a few games.

I think the very low opinion that many City fans have of him is not so much because of his performances in a City shirt, more that his loan spells at Bolton and Twente appear to have been very unsuccessful. There's an expectation that when a City player goes out on loan that he will shine. If he's not good enough for a lower level club then he cant possibly be good enough for City. Its an understandable, if over simplistic, belief.

I think it's more to do with many of them being idiots who have a lynchmob mentality.

Did himself no harm at all today. All he can do is keep performing when he gets the chance. Just do his job. The rest is up to Pellers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.