Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

Fucking awful. He may get lucky and Vinny's awfulness might have blinded some, but he was fucking useless. The thing that worries me most about his prospects of ever being a real footballer, is that on numerous occassions he was just walking back when people got past him, or round him. Just watch him on every chance they had, he's not remotely interested in trying to do any defending. As long as the attacker isn't directly running at him or competing with him, he just goes to sleep. These aren't even mistakes, like missing a tackle or misjudgements, it's just the lack of the basic principles of defending, he just gives up. Technically I don't think he's even good enough for the championship either. When we release him, I think he'll struggle to find a club

BigOscar said:
Fucking awful. He may get lucky and Vinny's awfulness might have blinded some, but he was fucking useless. The thing that worries me most about his prospects of ever being a real footballer, is that on numerous occassions he was just walking back when people got past him, or round him. Just watch him on every chance they had, he's not remotely interested in trying to do any defending. As long as the attacker isn't directly running at him or competing with him, he just goes to sleep. These aren't even mistakes, like missing a tackle or misjudgements, it's just the lack of the basic principles of defending, he just gives up. Technically I don't think he's even good enough for the championship either. When we release him, I think he'll struggle to find a club

I wonder what Pelle sees

Cobwebcat said:
BigOscar said:

I wonder what Pelle sees
It looks like Pelle just likes to give the first team squad players games whenver he can, presumably to keep them happy or fit. Otherwise it's becoming unclear as to why Willy, Sagna, Kolarov or Boyata keep getting rotated in, along with Sinclair even getting some sub appearances.

Cobwebcat said:
Never been a fan. How did he do today?

I thought he played well,i don't understand the criticism above.

He was composed on the ball,strong in the challenge and covered the ground well.It cant have been easy playing alongside Kompany,he was all over the shop today and should not have played.

As a 4th choice centre half we will struggle to find better,especially someone content to play that role..

A decent squad option the one who can come out of the Middlesbrough game with some credit.

FantasyIreland said:
Cobwebcat said:

He was composed on the ball,strong in the challenge and covered the ground well.It cant have been easy playing alongside Kompany,he was all over the shop today and should not have played.

As a 4th choice centre half we will struggle to find better,especially someone content to play that role..

Totally agree, I had people around me slagging Boyata off for Fernando and Kompany's errors, ridiculous.

FantasyIreland said:
Cobwebcat said:

Substantially better is on loan at Schalke.

I know you disagree but I think he's a better footballer and CB than Boyata will ever be, and by a considerable distance.

Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cobwebcat said:

I know you disagree but I think he's a better footballer and CB than Boyata will ever be, and by a considerable distance.
We have better on loan at Celtic and PSV as well.

BigOscar said:
Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:

We have better on loan at Celtic and PSV as well.

Is true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.