Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

FantasyIreland said:
Cobwebcat said:
Never been a fan. How did he do today?

I thought he played well,i don't understand the criticism above.

He was composed on the ball,strong in the challenge and covered the ground well.It cant have been easy playing alongside Kompany,he was all over the shop today and should not have played.

As a 4th choice centre half we will struggle to find better,especially someone content to play that role..
He was anything but composed on the ball in the second half, he was nervous, gifted possession a couple of times and looked lost when Middlesbrough came at us. As for your other positives, I'll have to watch the game again because From where I sit it didn't seem like he was in many situations that led him to be strong in the tackle and I'm not sure what covering a lot of ground actually means?.
The only thing I agree with is the fact his team mates either side were equally terrible. Not one of the back four came out of that game with any credit, to a man they were awful (I'm only talking second half here btw as we didn't seem to be put under much pressure at all in the first)

Pablo1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cobwebcat said:

He was composed on the ball,strong in the challenge and covered the ground well.It cant have been easy playing alongside Kompany,he was all over the shop today and should not have played.

As a 4th choice centre half we will struggle to find better,especially someone content to play that role..
He was anything but composed on the ball in the second half, he was nervous, gifted possession a couple of times and looked lost when Middlesbrough came at us. As for your other positives, I'll have to watch the game again because From where I sit it didn't seem like he was in many situations that led him to be strong in the tackle and I'm not sure what covering a lot of ground actually means?.
The only thing I agree with is the fact his team mates either side were equally terrible. Not one of the back four came out of that game with any credit, to a man they were awful (I'm only talking second half here btw as we didn't seem to be put under much pressure at all in the first)

This all day long. Boyata was a liability today. That said, he was better than Vinnie

I am not a fan boy. I just like the chap.

I therefore hope that he makes the grade full-time at the club but, if he doesn't, I'm sure that he'll find a career elsewhere. Good luck to him either way.

In my view insubstantial view, it seems like a tough ask for him to come in without a run of games and be faced by what is, quite frankly, a weekly defending shambles that needs to be corrected asap!

coleridge said:
I am not a fan boy. I just like the chap.

I therefore hope that he makes the grade full-time at the club but, if he doesn't, I'm sure that he'll find a career elsewhere. Good luck to him either way.

In my view insubstantial view, it seems like a tough ask for him to come in without a run of games and be faced by what is, quite frankly, a weekly defending shambles that needs to be corrected asap![

Pablo1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cobwebcat said:

Assume your talking about kompany ? Boyata by far the better of the two centre halves today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.