Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

I've been defending Boyata since pre season, & advocating him having a chance because he has the required physical attributes to be a successful centre back, but I find it interesting some saying he did fine, others saying Nastasic is much better.

He got his chance & did very little that was obviously wrong, next to a totally crap Kompany. But that's the point, he did very little at all. He could have saved us, when others were struggling, but he didn't, he just quietly avoided getting involved, exactly like Nastasic would have done. Just stick a foot out & let the others deal with it, then when it fucks up, it's not your fault. That's exactly what Nastasic has been doing for two years, so nobody singles him out. Everything safe(ish) avoid last ditch tackles, don't chase back too hard.

He WAS Nastasic, v Boro.

Waste of time. Wrong personality. Get rid.

I always think the good way to asses a player is to look what he would be worth if he was put up for sale, and also the clubs that would be interested in said payer !!

Bobbins said:
I always think the good way to asses a player is to look what he would be worth if he was put up for sale, and also the clubs that would be interested in said payer !!

Using that technique proves how good Scott Sinclair really is!

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
bluemoon27 said:
not good enough,thats all that needs to be said really,couldnt even make it at Bolton when he went there

What happened at Bolton mate?

He joined Bolton and couldn't get a game ahead Zat Knight or Tim Ream.
That's still better than being sent home early because he was considered too dodgy to play centerback in Holland (which is almost an achievement)

Neville Kneville said:
I've been defending Boyata since pre season, & advocating him having a chance because he has the required physical attributes to be a successful centre back, but I find it interesting some saying he did fine, others saying Nastasic is much better.

He got his chance & did very little that was obviously wrong, next to a totally crap Kompany. But that's the point, he did very little at all. He could have saved us, when others were struggling, but he didn't, he just quietly avoided getting involved, exactly like Nastasic would have done. Just stick a foot out & let the others deal with it, then when it fucks up, it's not your fault. That's exactly what Nastasic has been doing for two years, so nobody singles him out. Everything safe(ish) avoid last ditch tackles, don't chase back too hard.

He WAS Nastasic, v Boro.

Waste of time. Wrong personality. Get rid.

Have to agree with you. Every time the ball approached him on Saturday, I had no confidence of a positive outcome. Some will argue that he doesn't get enough starts, but he lacks the fundamentals that even only getting the odd game should be evident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.