Player thread: Dedryck Boyata (2013/14)

I used to have high hopes for Boyata.

However, the facts are that he is now 24 and , whether with us, Bolton or Twente, he has never come remotely close to holding down a first team place.

Think about it, He couldn't get a regular game in the Championship or Eredivisie.

While I wish the lad every success, I'm completely baffled as to why some see him as being good enough for a squad with aspirations to win the Prem & the Champs.

It's not his fault but he's simply not good enough.

cleavers said:
Davs 19 said:
He's 4th choice, and rarely plays. We do need cover and can't have 4 world class CB wages at the club.

You're pissing in the wind mate.......but,out of curiosity,i'd love to know who they would have us replace him with?

cleavers said:
Davs 19 said:
He's 4th choice, and rarely plays. We do need cover and can't have 4 world class CB wages at the club.
Your correct but its the dilema of he doesn't play too often versus how much damage could he cause when playing. For our 4th choice CB, I think there might be better avail. Don't ask me who as I wouldn't know, but watching him on Sat, he just seemed to lack basic fundamentals.

I'm sure he is a lovely guy, but knowing that he will always be 4th choice cannot be good for his career or confidence.

cleavers said:
Davs 19 said:

Agreed.

I think we need better than a guy that couldn't get close to a regular place in a struggling championship side though.

If we put him on the market now, as a free, how many of the top 6 Prem clubs do you think would interested ?

We both know he wouldn't be around if he wasn't HG.

4th choice cb still has to pull his weight & be able to do the job. Boyata showed pre season as if he was ready to take responsibility unlike that big wuss Nastasic, & he's a big strong unit with a bit of pace about him, but when we needed him on Saturday, he just stood around doing the simple stuff & hardly ever stepped in & covered.

The pair of them, him & Nastasic, are the same. When they are needed to step up & rescue a situation they don't. They just stand around amongst others who do the defending & do all the easy stuff.

Neither are good enough for 4th choice or anything else.

FantasyIreland said:
cleavers said:
Davs 19 said:

You're pissing in the wind mate.......but,out of curiosity,i'd love to know who they would have us replace him with?

Not my job FI, however, I'd take Rekik, Denayer and Nasty before him.

You either decide to actually play the 4th CB a bit, and keep Denayer here, or you don't play the 4th CB at all and don't bother having one, with Maffeo or Sagna or someone else stepping in if we absolutely need someone else in there (injuries or suspension). Having a guy who's not good enough is pointless, then rotating him into the side when you don't need to, is just hurting your team for no gain.

BigOscar said:
You either decide to actually play the 4th CB a bit, and keep Denayer here, or you don't play the 4th CB at all and don't bother having one, with Maffeo or Sagna or someone else stepping in if we absolutely need someone else in there (injuries or suspension). Having a guy who's not good enough is pointless, then rotating him into the side when you don't need to, is just hurting your team for no gain.

On the money................but you're pissing in the wind Osc ;.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.