Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Deepest Blue said:
Hope we give him a rousing farewell after Soton game and he scores a shitload in Bundeliga or Serie A.
Owes us nowt but time has come to seperate.
Same as Samir, his game and head have got to be right but he's been in a sulk most of the season

Kun Aguero said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvTNEgFUsD0[/video]

Some key goals in this video.
Just watched all that... :)

I like Edin and he has been a good player for us. Probably deserves to move on to a club where he will be the main man.

lasereyes said:
And also consistency. NO doubt that Dzeko's best was very, very good, but we just didn't see it day in and day out.

Also, Bony cost less than Dzeko. 25m vs. 27m -- and you have to factor in 2015 transfer pounds vs. 2011.

Edin needs a new club but the goals he has scored in each of our title wins have been priceless..

No one should forget that..

yayas trusty right foot said:
lasereyes said:
And also consistency. NO doubt that Dzeko's best was very, very good, but we just didn't see it day in and day out.

Also, Bony cost less than Dzeko. 25m vs. 27m -- and you have to factor in 2015 transfer pounds vs. 2011.

Edin needs a new club but the goals he has scored in each of our title wins have been priceless..

I'm sure I read that out of his first 50 goals 34 were winning goals.

Clevers said:
lasereyes said:

I'm sure I read that out of his first 50 goals 34 were winning goals.

And the other 16 were put to good use burying spurs and the rags.

lasereyes said:

This in bold, always...

Just watch last 10 minutes of that EPL review video from last year - people should never underestimate Edin's part in BOTH title wins.

EaglesFan said:
Based on last 5-6 weeks - my gut feeling is that Edin is gone.

But some people here really need to be careful about what they wish for.

Like many are infatuated with Bony and are already calling him an upgrade...however, the guy hasn't proven shit yet at City...small-club football from the past doesn't count, he is now with the big dogs - so I'm personally reserving my judgement.

Case in point - AT THIS rate - it will take Bony 15-20 years to match Edin's goal output in 4 years....

Just saying...not sold yet on the ''upgrade'' part...but we'll see.

With Aguero's injury history - City needs reliable 2nd option. Dzeko showed in the run-in last year he CAN be the guy.

I'll wait until Bony shows something remotely close, running the show on his own up front etc.

Stupid post, almost everything is disputable. Everyone who has watched a game of football can see Bony is a better player, in terms of touch, link up, strength and everything required of a target man. He may end up with 10 or 20 less goals in the same time as Edin but that doesn't meant he'll contribute less.

Puppet Master Silva said:
EaglesFan said:

Like many are infatuated with Bony and are already calling him an upgrade...however, the guy hasn't proven shit yet at City...small-club football from the past doesn't count, he is now with the big dogs - so I'm personally reserving my judgement.

Case in point - AT THIS rate - it will take Bony 15-20 years to match Edin's goal output in 4 years....

With Aguero's injury history - City needs reliable 2nd option. Dzeko showed in the run-in last year he CAN be the guy.

I'll wait until Bony shows something remotely close, running the show on his own up front etc.

Stupid post, almost everything is disputable. Everyone who has watched a game of football can see Bony is a better player, in terms of touch, link up, strength and everything required of a target man. He may end up with 10 or 20 less goals in the same time as Edin but that doesn't meant he'll contribute less.
Okay, here's the game; see if you can contradict yourself in 14 words or less.... ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!

EaglesFan said:
lasereyes said:

This in bold, always...

Just watch last 10 minutes of that EPL review video from last year - people should never underestimate Edin's part in BOTH title wins.

This. Always.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
EaglesFan said:

Okay, here's the game; see if you can contradict yourself in 14 words or less.... ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!

Going to the effort of counting up the words for that witty retort was a particular favourite point of that reply. Of course you could be pedantic and dispute every opinion ever stated on this forum, you could claim Ribery is better than Messi or Dzeko is better than Costa, but you'd either be trolling or blinded by bias. You knew a that before you replied though, I'd imagine/hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.