Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Puppet Master Silva said:
EaglesFan said:
Based on last 5-6 weeks - my gut feeling is that Edin is gone.

But some people here really need to be careful about what they wish for.

Like many are infatuated with Bony and are already calling him an upgrade...however, the guy hasn't proven shit yet at City...small-club football from the past doesn't count, he is now with the big dogs - so I'm personally reserving my judgement.

Case in point - AT THIS rate - it will take Bony 15-20 years to match Edin's goal output in 4 years....

Just saying...not sold yet on the ''upgrade'' part...but we'll see.

With Aguero's injury history - City needs reliable 2nd option. Dzeko showed in the run-in last year he CAN be the guy.

I'll wait until Bony shows something remotely close, running the show on his own up front etc.

Stupid post, almost everything is disputable. Everyone who has watched a game of football can see Bony is a better player, in terms of touch, link up, strength and everything required of a target man. He may end up with 10 or 20 less goals in the same time as Edin but that doesn't meant he'll contribute less.

Well I've been watching football for over 60 years and I have yet to see that Bony is a better player in terms of touch, link up etc., etc., and definitely not for Manchester City. Dzeko has scored some important goals for us and has also had quite a few assists. I watched Bony standing just outside the box too many times last match waiting for someone to feed the ball to him........... he was definitely not linking up with anyone.

However, we shall see next season when he has his first full season with us and maybe gets a place in the starting line up. If Dzeko goes, and I for one do not want him to go but can understand his reasons, then it will be with my best wishes and hope that he continues to have a great career.

Why you say that Eagles Fan's post was stupid I don't know, he gave valid reasons, he has an opinion and he is as entitled as you are to have an opinion. I didn't find it stupid I found it well thought out and well put.

Eccles Blue said:
EaglesFan said:
Based on last 5-6 weeks - my gut feeling is that Edin is gone.

But some people here really need to be careful about what they wish for.

Like many are infatuated with Bony and are already calling him an upgrade...however, the guy hasn't proven shit yet at City...small-club football from the past doesn't count, he is now with the big dogs - so I'm personally reserving my judgement.

Case in point - AT THIS rate - it will take Bony 15-20 years to match Edin's goal output in 4 years....

Just saying...not sold yet on the ''upgrade'' part...but we'll see.

With Aguero's injury history - City needs reliable 2nd option. Dzeko showed in the run-in last year he CAN be the guy.

I'll wait until Bony shows something remotely close, running the show on his own up front etc.

Stupid post, almost everything is disputable. Everyone who has watched a game of football can see Bony is a better player, in terms of touch, link up, strength and everything required of a target man. He may end up with 10 or 20 less goals in the same time as Edin but that doesn't meant he'll contribute less.

Well I've been watching football for over 60 years and I have yet to see that Bony is a better player in terms of touch, link up etc., etc., and definitely not for Manchester City. Dzeko has scored some important goals for us and has also had quite a few assists. I watched Bony standing just outside the box too many times last match waiting for someone to feed the ball to him........... he was definitely not linking up with anyone.

However, we shall see next season when he has his first full season with us and maybe gets a place in the starting line up. If Dzeko goes, and I for one do not want him to go but can understand his reasons, then it will be with my best wishes and hope that he continues to have a great career.

Why you say that Eagles Fan's post was stupid I don't know, he gave valid reasons, he has an opinion and he is as entitled as you are to have an opinion. I didn't find it stupid I found it well thought out and well put.

Wasn't linking up with anyone? Maybe over the past 60 years you've missed quite a bit then, considering he won the header at the front post for Aguero to knock back to Milner for the goal, or perhaps you missed him get a back heeled assist playing Silva through... Jesus.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Okay, here's the game; see if you can contradict yourself in 14 words or less.... ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!

Going to the effort of counting up the words for that witty retort was a particular favourite point of that reply. Of course you could be pedantic and dispute every opinion ever stated on this forum, you could claim Ribery is better than Messi or Dzeko is better than Costa, but you'd either be trolling or blinded by bias. You knew a that before you replied though, I'd imagine/hope.

How do you know I counted the words? Maybe I was estimating. Unless....

And since you've sort of grown on me over the course of the last couple of seasons, and I'd like to help you work on your forumming skills, I'll suggest that you should probably look up the meaning of 'pedantic'. And once you've done that, make sure you point out that 'forumming' isn't a real word in your next reply.

super_city_si said:
Kun Aguero said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvTNEgFUsD0[/video]

Some key goals in this video.
Just watched all that... :)

I like Edin and he has been a good player for us. Probably deserves to move on to a club where he will be the main man.
Yep. Wish him the best in another league. At least the usual pathetic troll in this thread can finally fuck off back to his pathetic life after Dzeko is gone

He was a frustrating player. At times, he trapped the ball further than I can kick it. Yet, when he played on instinct (in other words, when he didn't have time to think about waht he was going to do), he was a very good striker. His form in the run in last season, when Kun was injured, was exceptional. The headers at Goodison and Selhurst will live long in the memory. Good luck Edin, wherever you end up.

Apparently din't applaud the fans at the end. Waiting for match goers to be back and confirm.

Can go now for me. Him and Jovetic walked at the front of the pack of players, past block 106 at least, and didn't clap or acknowledge the fans.

Poor attitude and he can go.

Scored plenty of important goals and has been a great player overall, but that was really disappointing.

kupest said:
Apparently din't applaud the fans at the end. Waiting for match goers to be back and confirm.

Correct he didn't. Walked round with hands in the pockets not even acknowledging the fans, looking very sorry for himself!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.