Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Gabriel said:
Damocles said:
Gabriel said:
According to Wikipedia, he was only at Wolfsburg for three and a half seasons. If you go by league mayches, which is a fairer comparison, he's played fewer games this season than in any since 2005-6.

Wait, cup and European matches aren't real games? Why are you excluding them?

Because in England there are two cup competitions, as opposed to one in Germany, and we are, with due respect to Wolfsburg, a larger team, with arguably more likelihood of playing European ties. The league is the bread and butter in most countries, so I always like to see how often a player features, preferably starts, in league games.

Again, are cup games not real games?

The argument is that he hasn't played well because he hasn't been played

Damocles said:
Gabriel said:
Damocles said:
Wait, cup and European matches aren't real games? Why are you excluding them?

Because in England there are two cup competitions, as opposed to one in Germany, and we are, with due respect to Wolfsburg, a larger team, with arguably more likelihood of playing European ties. The league is the bread and butter in most countries, so I always like to see how often a player features, preferably starts, in league games.

Again, are cup games not real games?

The argument is that he hasn't played well because he hasn't been played

Of course they are 'real games', though the way we approach the domestic ones does sometimes makes me wonder. :-)
I simply point out his having played fewer league games this season than in his recent history and why I consider it a better way of measuring a player's worth to the club.

Today's Corriere dello Sport (Rome based) is reporting that Roma have enquired about Edin Dzeko. This will be quite a reliable source.

He's the sort of player that would suit the game in Serie A.

What sort of price are we looking at to get value?

Today's Corriere dello Sport (Rome based) is reporting that Roma have enquired about Edin Dzeko. This will be quite a reliable source.

He's the sort of player that would suit the game in Serie A.

What sort of price are we looking at to get value?
all things being equal at his age he is worth 18-25m for his size, skill set and scoring record. I think we'll get 12-17, as he is on a hefty whack. and everyone knows we are looking to sell.

Not sure mate, he's a goal scorer and would flourish in Serie A in my opinion.

Serie A doesn't have the money it once had.

Italian clubs seem to be OK with spending 20m+ on a young player they probably know has a resale value, but for a 29 year old striker in Dzeko I think 15m is the maximum we will get.

Indeed. I've never liked the unfair treatment they've given Dzeko. I just hope they get rid of Jovetic before they get rid of him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.