Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Wreckless Alec said:
1961_vintage said:
Profligate.

Prolific
He's arguably both, such is the enigma that is Edin.
I wouldn't say he's prolific. That would infer that he sticks away a high percentage of his chances. And I don't think that's the case. Don't get me wrong; 21 goals in all competitions is by no means shabby. But how many more could it be; somewhere between 25 and 30? It's not like he's not getting the chances, because he is. Look at yesterday; he scored one, but should have had another two.

jimharri said:
Wreckless Alec said:
I wouldn't say he's prolific. That would infer that he sticks away a high percentage of his chances. And I don't think that's the case. Don't get me wrong; 21 goals in all competitions is by no means shabby. But how many more could it be; somewhere between 25 and 30? It's not like he's not getting the chances, because he is. Look at yesterday; he scored one, but should have had another two.

The story of pretty much every strikers life mate. These strikers who score all their chances a game are a myth.

FromPollockToSilva said:
1dart said:
80s Shorts said:
Edin is a moody bastard.

Not sure whether he is better in a good or a bad mood.

Like the fella, but he is a moody bastard.

-- Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 pm --

He really is NOT a target man. Every time the ball is pumped up to him he is bullied by mediocre centre backs. That is not his fault as he is NOT a target man.

He has many strings to his bow but a target man he is not.

But he has won more arial duals than any other city player including our centre backs. He actually wins more than his fair share. Watch any game and you will see that the centre halves will always win more headers than the centre forward they are up against.

That's true in terms of raw numbers, but he has been involved in far more aerial duels than our centre backs too. Dzeko's won 71/145 in the league, so 49%. Demichelis has won 44/72 (61%), Kompany 26/35 (74%), Garcia 48/72 (66%) and so on, so as a percentage he's not better than the centre backs at all, but that's only to be expected.

However, to give him due credit, he is significantly better than , who's won 46/130 (35%), although worse than Aguero, albeit from a much smaller sample (9/17, or 53%).

Good point, id say the centre back stats point to my theory about them winning more than strikers per game. Id like to know what other strikers stats are. Il try and find some.

adrianr said:
jimharri said:

The story of pretty much every strikers life mate. These strikers who score all their chances a game are a myth.

However, the strikers who convert a lot more of their chances per game are not.

As good if not better than Mandzukic. Great 3rd goal. Just a tap in, but he knew where that Kolarov ball was going and made sure he was there. Nearly did it before with the header that struck the bar before the penalty

If I had one criticism of him it's that his concentration, and intensity seems to go in games. One moment he can be very good, and then a minute or two later he wont have moved when a good opportunity was on

He needs to up his game. There's pressure on players to produce. That's what every player needs

mancincali said:
Its gotten down right disrespectful what some of the fans say about this guy, he's a target man so he isn't as good as others technically, however he set up two goals and scored one and we can't say a simple well done?

WELL DONE EDIN!
Yep. It seems that if you don't run around like a headless fucking chicken then you're lazy/moody/shite. I absolutely fucking loathe the attitude of the vocal minority of our fans who berate Dzeko, Kolarov, DMD, Yaya (unbelievable), Garcia, Lescott etc, etc. I accept that criticism is part and parcel of the game, but the stuff I hear, and read on here, about some of those players is beyond criticism and is just abuse.

richards30 said:
Bye edin.

I'd prefer a 20 + plus goalscorer to stay...If anything just to piss you off..

Unless of course you have good reason to want a 20+ golascorer to leave,then I'll retract my statement.

oh go on...you know you want to.

samharris said:
richards30 said:
Bye edin.

I'd prefer a 20 + plus goalscorer to stay...If anything just to piss you off..

Unless of course you have good reason to want a 20+ golascorer to leave,then I'll retract my statement.

oh go on...you know you want to.

Proper ungrateful aren't they...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.