Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Sky Blue said:
samharris said:
richards30 said:
Bye edin.

I'd prefer a 20 + plus goalscorer to stay...If anything just to piss you off..

Unless of course you have good reason to want a 20+ golascorer to leave,then I'll retract my statement.

oh go on...you know you want to.

Proper ungrateful aren't they...

Perhaps I should have gone the whole hog and mentioned his assists too.. ;)

But that wouldnt be fair..

He has really turned a corner this season, been vital while every other strikers got injured.

He's got something about him but he's also got his frailties and meeting crosses from the right is one of them. Yes, he scored a nice one against the 'rags' from the right but generally he scuffs them and so his critics would say he's one-dimensional.

I'd keep him as he brings something different to the table but (1) he's not worth the £28 million we paid for him which would be around £35 million now and (b) we need another striker who has a higher percentage of goals/chances. Kun's injuries are a worry and only having Edin and the Beast isn't enough fire-power at the very top level and Champions League.

Nice to see Jovetic play 15 minutes and get on the end of a move but by his own admission he's not a striker and prefers to be seen as a support striker. His injury situation also leaves question marks against his name.

Has been involved (assist or scored) in 36 goals in 41 appearances this season (30 starts). Revelation.

samharris said:
richards30 said:
Bye edin.

Unless of course you have good reason to want a 20+ golascorer to leave,then I'll retract my statement.

I have no dislike of edin but he is leaving this summer mate. Inter milan now have the cash to splash and want edin big time. Valencia will have their new owner asap and they will also offer big for edin. I believe its also bern mentioned a bonus or big pay rise if we give him a new contract. Will go down in our history for the important goals he has scored and rightly so but he is marmite at times.

richards30 said:
samharris said:
richards30 said:
Bye edin.

I have no dislike of edin but he is leaving this summer mate. Inter milan now have the cash to splash and want edin big time. Valencia will have their new owner asap and they will also offer big for edin. I believe its also bern mentioned a bonus or big pay rise if we give him a new contract. Will go down in our history for the important goals he has scored and rightly so but he is marmite at times.

I Like Marmite.. ;)

Some people here are incredible,they,ll just criticize for the sake of it and probably this is what there best at,I'm not the biggest fan of edin but Da guy has improved alot and if all the critics can't see it then they never will,same with javi,he also has improved a lot but critics will remain critic,one thing which all these critics need to realise is that every city player can't b at the same level as Aguero,toure,silva,kompany,every top squad in the world has world class players and some good ones ,and remember its not the individuals that win the honours its the squad,and every member of our squad has contributed well wheater be it demichellis,javi,or edin

1dart said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
1dart said:
But he has won more arial duals than any other city player including our centre backs. He actually wins more than his fair share. Watch any game and you will see that the centre halves will always win more headers than the centre forward they are up against.

That's true in terms of raw numbers, but he has been involved in far more aerial duels than our centre backs too. Dzeko's won 71/145 in the league, so 49%. Demichelis has won 44/72 (61%), Kompany 26/35 (74%), Garcia 48/72 (66%) and so on, so as a percentage he's not better than the centre backs at all, but that's only to be expected.

However, to give him due credit, he is significantly better than , who's won 46/130 (35%), although worse than Aguero, albeit from a much smaller sample (9/17, or 53%).

Good point, id say the centre back stats point to my theory about them winning more than strikers per game. Id like to know what other strikers stats are. Il try and find some.

Those stats are meaningless.

A centre half generally wins a header to break up play and if they win the header that is usually the outcome.

A centre forward, to be an effective target man, needs to win the header and control the ball in order to build play. Dzeko may win his fair share of headers but find the stats that show what he does after that.

I like Marmite………..i thought Dzeko against Saints had a very good game, in his last 3 games he has -

- scored 2 against United
- instrumental in the goal v Arsenal
- won the penalty, scored and assisted against Saints

Whilst our forward line has been either injured or out of form he has kept us in the title race. His goals have been critical and an average of 20 goals per season is excellent.

80s Shorts said:
1dart said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
That's true in terms of raw numbers, but he has been involved in far more aerial duels than our centre backs too. Dzeko's won 71/145 in the league, so 49%. Demichelis has won 44/72 (61%), Kompany 26/35 (74%), Garcia 48/72 (66%) and so on, so as a percentage he's not better than the centre backs at all, but that's only to be expected.

However, to give him due credit, he is significantly better than , who's won 46/130 (35%), although worse than Aguero, albeit from a much smaller sample (9/17, or 53%).

Good point, id say the centre back stats point to my theory about them winning more than strikers per game. Id like to know what other strikers stats are. Il try and find some.

Those stats are meaningless.

A centre half generally wins a header to break up play and if they win the header that is usually the outcome.

A centre forward, to be an effective target man, needs to win the header and control the ball in order to build play. Dzeko may win his fair share of headers but find the stats that show what he does after that.

I also agree sometimes his football can be limited but i was merely pointing out he wins a lot more in the air than he gets credit for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.