Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Infirmus Cygnus said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
Most consistent yes.
Whatever your view on edin is never in a million years could you use the words consistent and edin in the same sentence.!! The lads attitude and effort changes from game to game .ie chase hard /amble about .control ball /bounce off.win headers/out jumped by dwarfs.score goals/score conversions

I think you can apply that to virtually everyone in the side..... we all have off days. It's whether he has more than most, and how many this season compared to when Captain Bob was steering the ship? Ya ya can be just as absent.
Agree about yaya but on the whole most are fairly consistent edin takes it to the next level of the sublime to the ridiculous

mrtwiceaseason said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
NQCitizen said:
I actually would say all things considered - Edin has been our best striker this season.

Most consistent yes.
Whatever your view on edin is never in a million years could you use the words consistent and edin in the same sentence.!! The lads attitude and effort changes from game to game .ie chase hard /amble about .control ball /bounce off.win headers/out jumped by dwarfs.score goals/score conversions

I mean in a playing terms. He's always available for selection.

aguero93:20 said:
Nohavegrammar said:
He's the worst striker I've ever seen. He can not control easy ball,
He does not know the difference between rugby and football's poles.

Get rid of him fast if we want to be number one....
I once read a post on this thread from a guy who then took the post of biggest thundercunt to post on the website imho.
He's not anymore. He's second now.

Top stuff Mr Aguero93:20

Just like you to know I agree with you one hundred percent.

JJ

There's a reoccurring theme here I think, he seems to play better away from the Etihad?? Maybe he feels the pressure more in front of his home crowd?? I know he gets dogs abuse from the idiot behind me who thinks everytime City attack they should score,anyone with half a brain knows that ain't football, he seems to get on Edins back nearly as much as kolarovs! I'm sure I've never heard him praise any city player come to think of it!!!!!! My point is maybe he plays with a bit more fear at the Etihad and with less away??? I understand he has had some poor performances at home this year but isn't encouragement the way forward instead of abuse?? He is frustrating sometimes but if any club has had there fair share of frustrating players it's us?, we all know he has the quality and IMO one of the best finishers in the league? He started off really well against Newcastle all the way back in August, but he seems to be hitting form again so I'm glad we are away tomorrow because he will have a stormer!!!! CMON CITY!! DESTINY AWAITS!!!

According to Mediaset in Italy, Inter and City are already in talks over his transfer. I'm not sure now if this is a good idea - what IF Negredo doesn't regain the same level of form he had? Dzeko is inconsistent but at least you know a goal isn't too far away.

LoveCity said:
According to Mediaset in Italy, Inter and City are already in talks over his transfer. I'm not sure now if this is a good idea - what IF Negredo doesn't regain the same level of form he had? Dzeko is inconsistent but at least you know a goal isn't too far away.

I'm sure if Dzeko goes, there will be another class striker already lined up to come in.

colesy said:
LoveCity said:

I'm sure if Dzeko goes, there will be another class striker already lined up to come in.

I'm usually the least transfer gossip interested person in the world....

But about that "Pogba to City" (Dzeko included in the transfer) rumour....after watching Llorente being as useful as bag of bricks last night - got me thinking about that one. Juve followed Dzeko for a long time, last night just showed what a miss Llorente was for them...just not good enough.

And I also remember people calling for him (Llorente) ahead of Dzeko...gtfo, the guy couldnt connect with the ball against Benfica (no disrespect to them), let alone Rags, Chelsea, and alikes...

I'll be on the lookout for that deal...<br /><br />-- Fri May 02, 2014 4:51 pm --<br /><br />
noise said:
chestervegasblue said:
colesy said:
He was worth the transfer fee just for the equaliser against QPR in 2012.

THIS.
I loved how he rushed back after scoring, while urging everyone to recover the ball for the next one (the Agueroooo moment).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84PP23pDl4[/youtube]

53% of goals scored (62) resulted in an equalizer or a lead, says it all really.

And let me just bump this...all there is to say about our Edin, really.

colesy said:
LoveCity said:

Strikers with both Dzeko's goal scoring record are not so easy to come across as Chelsea and Arsenal can testify, Provided he's willing to listen to City with regard to a new contract and is not after "silly" money, with a possible limitation on how many we can have in the squad it would be surely best to get him to sign a new contract.

I fear it is only when he's gone that some City fans will realise what an asset Dzeko has been for City.

Revolver said:
colesy said:
LoveCity said:

Strikers with both Dzeko's goal scoring record are not so easy to come across as Chelsea and Arsenal can testify, Provided he's willing to listen to City with regard to a new contract and is not after "silly" money, with a possible limitation on how many we can have in the squad it would be surely best to get him to sign a new contract.

I fear it is only when he's gone that some City fans will realise what an asset Dzeko has been for City.

This

I have come to terms that I really don't want Edin sold in the summer, at the end of the day he has scored 22 in 44 games this season so can anybody name another second choice strikers who gets 1 in 2 for their team?

If Edin went I would not be confident going into the season with Negredo and Jovetic as back up strikers, Negredo is on the verge of becoming another Papis Cisse and Jovetic is one of the most injury prone strikers we have had in years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.