Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

NQCitizen said:
LoveCity said:
According to Mediaset in Italy, Inter and City are already in talks over his transfer. I'm not sure now if this is a good idea - what IF Negredo doesn't regain the same level of form he had? Dzeko is inconsistent but at least you know a goal isn't too far away.

The surprising thing is with all the constant talk of 'upgrading the squad' that Negredo never needs to be upgraded. If Dzeko goes and Pellegrini wants to play 2 up we need another striker at the level of our best players - Kompany, Aguero, Yaya and Silva.

I am starting to worry about Negredo and starting to think maybe he could become another Papiss Cisse, put it this way if Dzeko left and we went in with Negredo and Jovetic as understudies to Sergio I would be worried.

Dzeko has to stay.

Was talking to a bloke who knows edin today. Said he is a lovely polite bloke and very generous and modest. Just thought I'd share it. He has been a Model pro for us in my opinion and scored some vital goals.

worsleyweb said:
Was talking to a bloke who knows edin today. Said he is a lovely polite bloke and very generous and modest. Just thought I'd share it. He has been a Model pro for us in my opinion and scored some vital goals.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Edin with my family, I can agree 10000% with the bloke you spoke to.

A genuinely modest and polite man - First rate human being, first rate player. I hope we keep him.

We must be crazy to sell him. He is a model pro and has scored some vital goals for us.
A very important player. Unless he is desperate to leave we should definitely keep Edin.

Two things I expect to happen this summer:

1) Dzeko plays a blinder of a World Cup, and Inter, Juventus and alikes open up check books - giving City option to sell.

2) Dzeko stays at City where he's finally comfortable, and which (quite frankly) would not replace his production as easily as some think.

Against the popular belief - City's striking options are not so sublime considering that a) Negredo is in the slump and is still unproven in EPL, b) Jovetic has been very injury prone so far.

I actually believe City will try to keep Edin (as they should), and Edin is probably not about the $$ (exclusively) at this point...I really think he wants to go for CL trophy - and City gives him best chance at doing that.

Fucking lampost with another quality goal it has to be said. Quality header - really picked his spot - nothing clumsy about that!. The best thing about his goals is that as the ball goes to him I almost turn away thinking he'll fuck it up. Makes it even more awesome when he scores.

@BluePhil8 said:
I've always been harsh on Dzeko but I have a good feeling that he, Kolarov, Garcia and Demichellis are ironically going to be pivotal should we win the league.

Come on Edin lad, bang in another tomorrow.

Your wish is his command!

He should have done better, though when first Sergio, then YaYa, crossed and he was just ambling into the box, rather than sprinting.

Still, credit where it's due. His header for the goal was outstanding. As he hit it, I thought Howard would cut it out easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.