Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

The thing with Dzeko is he is the most frustrating player ive ever seen. For long periods of the game hes ineffective, donkey like, out of position and lacking ambition. Yet then goes and scores a worldie or two and its impossible to slate him.

Just so strange and unconventional but obviously effective.

Puppet Master Silva said:
I still personally feel we can get a better player than Dzeko in, doesn't take anything away from the goals he's scored or his form which has been great over this 2nd half of the season. Doesn't make me a hater, just means I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

2 huge goals today which means if he does go in the summer it'll be on a high.

Who would you like the side to bring instead?

Cheers<br /><br />-- Sun May 04, 2014 1:23 pm --<br /><br />
noise said:
He's at 26 goals in all competitions if I am not mistaken.

edit: nm, 24 (2 were from friendlies)

Think they are including the goals from Barclays Asia Trophy as the other two?

i have criticised dzeko in the past , and accused him of being selfish and not a team player , but his contribution over the last dozen games , could be one of the main reasons for winning the title , he will never be a crowd favourite , but he is effective , if he could be consistent over a season , he would be one of the best in europe ,

He has been great these last 8 games or so.

Had a bit of a drought earlier this year but came out of it and started banging them in.

Let's hope Negredo can do the same at some point.

I too have criticised Dzeko on many occasions, mainly for his attitute. But, as others have commented, he is now really putting in shifts and chivvying other team mates along. Well done Edin, and hope this new found attitude remains. I'm now in the hope we keep him camp.

Armaan said:
He is a fucking boss. A lot of players go missing when the going gets tough but edin keeps popping up with important goals. Anyone who still slates him now can fuck right off, if we win the league a lot of it goes down to him.

I agree. He can be frustrating with the poor touches, careless passes etc, but it's difficult to argue with his record!

mosssideblue said:
I too have criticised Dzeko on many occasions, mainly for his attitute. But, as others have commented, he is now really putting in shifts and chivvying other team mates along. Well done Edin, and hope this new found attitude remains. I'm now in the hope we keep him camp.

+1 been critical of edin but credit where its due, scored some vital goals recently and 24 and counting for the season is a good return.

If City wins the league now, I think Dzeko will probably choose to leave because he will feel as if its his best way out. Helping the team to the title with his huge goals and having played a clear part in getting City another title, he will feel as if its the perfect way to exit. Sort of like Drogba with Chelsea and the CL even though that was a bigger deal because the CL is the CL. But all in all, I think he will feel that he wants to stay in good memory with the fans and club and go out with a bang. If people remember him for helping fire City to the title in 2014, he will forever have his name written as one of the greats. However, if people remember him for being the bench warmer in City's 2015 season, I think his image would get hurt. So I think Dzeko will most likely think about that. Also, leaving in this season would be good timing for him because clubs are getting fired up about him, And the World Cup is just around the corner, so if he helps Bosnia into at least making it out of the Group Stages, he and City can both be sure of a very very good transfer deal. But again, Pelle likes him and you never know what can happen with him, but I think Dzeko doesn't want to be rotation player, he wants to be THE GUY, so we wiill see.

Elk said:
Armaan said:
He is a fucking boss. A lot of players go missing when the going gets tough but edin keeps popping up with important goals. Anyone who still slates him now can fuck right off, if we win the league a lot of it goes down to him.

I agree. He can be frustrating with the poor touches, careless passes etc, but it's difficult to argue with his record!

You can have the missus from hell tbh and she could be lacking in most missus'y skills...but if she takes you to heaven and back in bed do you get rid..??

yeah whatever !! said:
Elk said:
Armaan said:

You can have the missus from hell tbh and she could be lacking in most missus'y skills...but if she takes you to heaven and back in bed do you get rid..??
Depends how shallow you are I suppose

It's like the missus getting rid of you for being bad at analogies

cue the posters who stopped reading after "anal..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.