Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Zizi4City said:
Damien10 said:
The problem is when you have too many players like Dzeko who have poor touches and lack any real football brain and composure the game becomes harder,keeping possession becomes harder, this is what i think happened yesterday and in the game v Palace.

Kolarov,Millner, Dzeko are all very poor with the ball. They should never be all on the pitch together.

Beside your obvious hatred of Edin you defiantly pick wrong sport to follow mate. You should be watching something else because you lack minimum brain capability required to understand football. Maybe curling is good option for you.
Obvious hatred for Dzeko?

And I actually work within football so i am doing well considering i lack minimum brain capability required to understand the game.

Is it just me who objectively watches Dzeko and thinks that his first touch and work rate are fine?

yeah whatever !! said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
yeah whatever !! said:
That was a 'must win game' yesterday in those games you take the points,no time for sentiment or stats..
3 points needed 3 points got...

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon with the 3 points. But it definitely doesn't instill confidence for the next couple of games. It's never that straight forward cus we're City.

Give me our performance yesterday compared to away to Norwich anytime fella..

Exactly. But I can't help but think that this group of players would be suited better with a manager that read them the riot act. I'm not suggesting getting rid of Pelle btw, it's just something that Iv been thinking about. We can have all the talent in the world, but if we don't have the killer instinct it will accomplish nothing. Our squad is fantastic!<br /><br />-- Sun May 04, 2014 5:33 pm --<br /><br />
gazmedina said:
Is it just me who objectively watches Dzeko and thinks that his first touch and work rate are fine?

As a Dzeko detractor, I have to eat humble pie and agree with you. In recent games his link up play has been much improved. The ball still occasionally bounces of him though.

yeah whatever !! said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon with the 3 points. But it definitely doesn't instill confidence for the next couple of games. It's never that straight forward cus we're City.

Give me our performance yesterday compared to away to Norwich anytime fella..

Exactly. But I can't help but think that this group of players would be suited better with a manager that read them the riot act. I'm not suggesting getting rid of Pelle btw, it's just something that Iv been thinking about. We can have all the talent in the world, but if we don't have the killer instinct it will accomplish nothing. Our squad is fantastic!

-- Sun May 04, 2014 5:33 pm --

gazmedina said:

As a Dzeko detractor, I have to eat humble pie and agree with you. In recent games his link up play has been much improved. The ball still occasionally bounces of him though.

We had a manager like that..his name was Bob Manc..and all the players were pissed off..

Now is the holistic time. ;)

-- Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 pm --

Damien10 said:
Zizi4City said:
Damien10 said:
The problem is when you have too many players like Dzeko who have poor touches and lack any real football brain and composure the game becomes harder,keeping possession becomes harder, this is what i think happened yesterday and in the game v Palace.

Kolarov,Millner, Dzeko are all very poor with the ball. They should never be all on the pitch together.

Beside your obvious hatred of Edin you defiantly pick wrong sport to follow mate. You should be watching something else because you lack minimum brain capability required to understand football. Maybe curling is good option for you.
Obvious hatred for Dzeko?

And I actually work within football so i am doing well considering i lack minimum brain capability required to understand the game.

What do you do, cut the oranges and put out the jumpers??

yeah whatever !! said:
de niro said:
he's a very very good player, can't trap a bag of sand but a good player all the same.

Yep.. but Silva who can trap two bags of sand whilst reading a newspaper and drinking tea cannot scoreheaders like Dzeko!!

;)

he's not useless because he hardly bags one though, but he doesn't get abused (and it is abuse at times) because of it does he?

tumblr_n2tr9dczh31rpmjgvo1_400.gif

I posted this about 6 weeks ago. If you haven't seen it yet it is worth your time. 40 minute interview. Bosnian TV. English subtitles.
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/8zThwnMvpjY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/8zThwnMvpjY</a>

Sigh said:
yeah whatever !! said:
de niro said:
he's a very very good player, can't trap a bag of sand but a good player all the same.

Yep.. but Silva who can trap two bags of sand whilst reading a newspaper and drinking tea cannot scoreheaders like Dzeko!!

;)

he's not useless because he hardly bags one though, but he doesn't get abused (and it is abuse at times) because of it does he?

tumblr_n2tr9dczh31rpmjgvo1_400.gif

I posted this about 6 weeks ago. If you haven't seen it yet it is worth your time. 40 minute interview. Bosnian TV. English subtitles.
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/8zThwnMvpjY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/8zThwnMvpjY</a>

will give that a view..thanks fella.

His lack of movement in the box sometimes is infuriating to watch, doesn't sprint across defenders or make any other significant movements for cutbacks, he just stands and waits for the ball to come to him. He could score so much more if he was more active.

noise said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
I still personally feel we can get a better player than Dzeko in, doesn't take anything away from the goals he's scored or his form which has been great over this 2nd half of the season. Doesn't make me a hater, just means I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

2 huge goals today which means of he does go in the summer it'll be on a high.
He is much better suited to a team with less rotation. Since he's been starting regularly this year he's been scoring and generally performing really well. Scored 10 goals since Jan. I think Suarez is at 13.

The problem I see however is, we would want to find a player that offers aerial threat/defense Dzeko offers. I mean Aguero and Jovetic are similar type players and I think Negredo is more in between than a Dzeko type player.

Falcao is good in the air for instance. But will he be as good in PL and happy and consistent with rotation?

Huntelaar is another option but he's 30 and he hasn't exactly been tearing it up in Bundesliga.

Who do you get instead of Dzeko? I am sure if we sold Dzeko to Inter they would give him all the minutes he wants, he would tear up Seria A and many of us would regret the sale.

Also, over the 3 seasons he's been here Dzeko has been reliable, injury wise. First full season, when Tevez went golfing, he stepped up and covered for him. Last season he scored most league goals due to Aguero being injured, this season when everyone went injured he kept us scoring. That's important as well.

In answer to your question I think that Bony would be a perfect replacement, fantastic first touch, strong and wins flick ons, and anyone who has watched enough of him will see his touch of class. His back heel assist a couple of weeks ago was as good as any assist this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.