Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

cityok said:
Sunny Coast Blue said:
If any one of the 3 below us had him, we would probably be in a different position. As for his faults, he must be somewhere to balancing them up now.
Good lad Edin, clumsy but still effective.

he's good at playing up to his reputation, puts defenders to sleep - then pop goes the Dzeko

Haha, that's a quite good way of describing him. He does nothing for 60 minutes, and then when the defence thinks he's not a threat, bang! A bit of clever movement and a goal.

a natural goal-scorer who can put them in several different ways who's hold-up play and tracking-back are under appreciated and he has been a huge part of the club's renaissance.

you just can't let a player of that quality leave lightly.

Puppet Master Silva said:
cityok said:
Sunny Coast Blue said:
If any one of the 3 below us had him, we would probably be in a different position. As for his faults, he must be somewhere to balancing them up now.

he's good at playing up to his reputation, puts defenders to sleep - then pop goes the Dzeko

Haha, that's a quite good way of describing him. He does nothing for 60 minutes, and then when the defence thinks he's not a threat, bang! A bit of clever movement and a goal.
He made tons of offside trap runs before the goal. It's hard to notice because you're usually watching Yaya, Silva, Nasri or whoever has the ball, but Dzeko was constantly trying to beat the offside trap.

If you get a chance to watch the game again pay attention to his movement. He puts a lot of effort off the ball, that goes unnoticed, which is why he's in a position to tap em in and make the goals look easy.

Dzeko has almost won us the title this year. Goals on Sunday i hope too

thanks for finally justifying your hefty price tag Edin, good luck next season.

REALLY!!! Just that equalizing goal against QPR paid off his whole transfer.
But than again I'm talking to the guy who said we should get rid and by Bony.

Zizi4City said:

or the one against notts county away ... people forget that one

Superb last night and his movement and fight to get that first goal was fantastic. You could tell what it meant by his celebration it was a joy to watch.

Zizi4City said:

In Edin's previous 3 seasons he hasn't matched Bony's goals from this season, do you watch football? Before the turn of year there is absolutely no chance that Edin has lived up to his 27 million price tag.

Edit: For fucks sake I've been roped in by another Bosnian, can you guys not put Bosnia in your location to save me time?

noise said:
cityok said:

He made tons of offside trap runs before the goal. It's hard to notice because you're usually watching Yaya, Silva, Nasri or whoever has the ball, but Dzeko was constantly trying to beat the offside trap.

If you get a chance to watch the game again pay attention to his movement. He puts a lot of effort off the ball, that goes unnoticed, which is why he's in a position to tap em in and make the goals look easy.

I was at the game and I've since watched highlights, we both know you're going to defend Dzeko regardless of performance. He has scored some invaluable goals recently that I'll be forever grateful for, but the difference between when a striker of Aguero's intelligence leads the line is clear as day. Aguero runs the channels which drags the defenders all over the place, so when they have a set defence of 8 like Villa had tonight it causes confusion and drags defenders out of position, the amount of times we get in behind with our fullbacks Edin should be scoring this many goals. I don't want to criticise him at the moment to be honest, but he does go missing for large periods of the game and for me scoring a tap in doesn't always make up for it. Yaya was the same tonight, had a really poor game and then grabs a quality assist and a ridiculous goal so all is forgotten and MOTD highlight his genius.

I was at the game and I've since watched highlights, we both know you're going to defend Dzeko regardless of performance. He has scored some invaluable goals recently that I'll be forever grateful for, but the difference between when a striker of Aguero's intelligence leads the line is clear as day. Aguero runs the channels which drags the defenders all over the place, so when they have a set defence of 8 like Villa had tonight it causes confusion and drags defenders out of position, the amount of times we get in behind with our fullbacks Edin should be scoring this many goals. I don't want to criticise him at the moment to be honest, but he does go missing for large periods of the game and for me scoring a tap in doesn't always make up for it. Yaya was the same tonight, had a really poor game and then grabs a quality assist and a ridiculous goal so all is forgotten and MOTD highlight his genius.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Yaya and Edin were both excellent tonight. Yaya was at the heart of everything. The players found it tough to break through a 6-3-1 formation. It was a fantastic team performance tonight, probably the best I've seen city play this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.