Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Why is Edin the most discussed player of the game..Ya Ya and Nasri were really bad and a game is lost and won in the middle..first 10 minutes City played great, the rest of the game it was awful..sometimes the players are playing too many passes and they don`t attack directly. I think he right move would have been to bring Jovetic and Negredo for half an hour because they could have done some real damage. But to blame Edin for not winning the game is just stupid for mee, or if I am wrong then maybe I am really stupis :S

pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
gmckennasell said:
whilst defending dzekos performance a comparison should be made to negredos recent poor performances , and it isnt best for me to refer to a negredo thread.
Don't mind Pudge, gmck, he won't allow anyone to compare any aspect of Edin's game to other City strikers (at least if it makes him look good or less bad). He's fine if you compare him to a donkey or a lamp-post though (I guess that's fair enough as they don't have their own threads).

Having said that, and while agreeing that Negredo has clearly not been as good as Dzeko recently (not just the 8 minutes today), I didn't think Dzeko played very well today either. I don't buy into the lazy/not trying stuff - he just has good and bad days, like everyone else. I think a lot of playing the lone striker is about good movement (which he did for the goal, but didn't during several other promising moves) and guessing well (like he didn't for many balls into the middle, although some of them were just poor balls into the middle). He made some nice one-touch passes (he does this more than most people realize or acknowledge, and it helps us to break fast), but also gave the ball away too often when he tried to hang on to it for too long.

I thought they should have put Negredo on sooner, and despite Edin's good showing at United, I'd have seriously considered starting Negredo for this game, to give him some confidence and to give Dzeko a rest. We can't just run one striker into the ground during the rest of the run-in, and we can't just cross our fingers and hope that Aguero stays fit once he comes back.
X

Are you sure you dont want me to pay rent?
You've lost me, I'm afraid. Care to elaborate?

poor again today...contributed very little except the shot that hit the post that led to the goal...after that he barely touched the bal.....we need more from our forwards in a game like that today.

Damocles said:
cleavers said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
But Negredo has been zero threat since January so what do we do?
I have no problem with dzeko over negredo right now, and never said I had, just a problem with dzeko's inconsistency, and that's why I'm posting in this thread, he was my MoM on Tuesday, but our worst player today imho, its this that frustrates me, I'm sure its an easy concept to grasp, especially as none of my posts in this thread today mention negredo, until now.

You boo him don't you? Go on....admit it!
Never once, I've sworn at him a few times though (even today).

In a rare interview, director of football Begiristain, a key voice in the decision to sack Mancini 10 months ago, praises Pellegrini’s man-management skills for getting the best out of revitalised striker Edin Dzeko, one of several stars to fall out with Mancini.

Begiristain hails the form of Dzeko, who has scored 21 goals this season including two in last week’s Manchester derby win at Old Trafford, as proof of Pellegrini’s magic.

‘I am seeing a different player to the one when I came in one year and five months ago,’ said Begiristain. ‘The talent was there, all the qualities were there in this player but now he has the confidence from the manager.’

Thing is, Negredo's run of form over the first 4-5 months of the season is better than Dzeko has managed to put on for as long as a month. If people want to make comparisons between Negredo and Dzeko then lets compare both of their first seasons in England. As a City fan you'd obviously want both on form but if you could pick one player out of the 2 to have on form it would be Negredo, as quite simply, he is the superior footballer. That's not a dig at Edin, Negredo is better than most strikers in the league. Dzeko is a finisher mostly, he occasionally does over things like grab an assist or win a flick down. Edin looked up for it on Tuesday and that might partly be down to grabbing the early goal, over the course of the first 10 minutes today you could tell by his body language that he wasn't up for it.

Dzeko has done a really good job of filling the void that Aguero's injuries have left.

I don't know, the whole team dropped their performance yesterday compared to Tuesday, including Edin. Shame - could have been clear title favorites with the win yesterday.

Seemed to me that everyone on that pitch including Pellegrini was happy with the draw - if Pellegrini wanted to chase 3 points after the equlizer i felt he had to put on Kolarov for Clichy.

Dzeko had an absolute stormer last tuesday against the scum and impressed me a lot, yesterday I don't class as a poor performance, just back to normal.

People can say whatever they want about Dzeko, but the fact is he deserves to be in the team ahead of Negredo at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.