Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

sam-caddick said:
oakiecokie said:
sam-caddick said:
Di Marzio said the other day Liverpool want Immobile so it makes sense to go for Dzeko with his Bundesliga experience.

Edin has been a great servant for the club but there comes a time when a position needs freshening up and I think that is happening with Dzeko at City, I think he has got maybe a little too comfortable at City, lost his way and arguably lost that hunger he had in the first 18 months/ two years whilst at City.

He wont want to be striker number three sam,as he`ll certainly be behind Bony next season.

Yeah, I agree mate.

Both Edin and Bony are pretty similar finishers but for me Bony is a better footballer and therefore an upgrade.

Every times we buy a new striker i see people saying about Dzeko "he will be third choice if he stay", but he was always at the end the second choice.

You really think Bony will be second striker next season ? If Aguero is injured again what will happen ? We always needed 3 strikers (or at least a player like Jovetic).

If we sell Dzeko (and ofc we need to replace him but bony was never the answer), what will change ? sell dzeko but we just bought a new Dzeko and it's Bony, same poor debut with City but he is not better, that's not true, his first touch isn't that good BUT i don't ask him to play like Aguero (because when i see people critics about dzeko it's like he should play like Silva or Aguero).

I want him to be able to do better what Dzeko did, because like you said he is similar finisher and on that point i'm really pessimist (but i hope he will prove me wrong because i think it's more mental actually), and i'm talking about defensive point too, because on corner kick Dzeko was surely our best "defender" .

Kean said:
sam-caddick said:
oakiecokie said:
He wont want to be striker number three sam,as he`ll certainly be behind Bony next season.

Yeah, I agree mate.

Both Edin and Bony are pretty similar finishers but for me Bony is a better footballer and therefore an upgrade.

Every times we buy a new striker i see people saying about Dzeko "he will be third choice if he stay", but he was always at the end the second choice.

You really think Bony will be second striker next season ? If Aguero is injured again what will happen ? We always needed 3 strikers (or at least a player like Jovetic).

If we sell Dzeko (and ofc we need to replace him but bony was never the answer), what will change ? sell dzeko but we just bought a new Dzeko and it's Bony, same poor debut with City but he is not better, that's not true, his first touch isn't that good BUT i don't ask him to play like Aguero (because when i see people critics about dzeko it's like he should play like Silva or Aguero).

I want him to be able to do better what Dzeko did, because like you said he is similar finisher and on that point i'm really pessimist (but i hope he will prove me wrong because i think it's more mental actually), and i'm talking about defensive point too, because on corner kick Dzeko was surely our best "defender" .

Bonys back heel on Sunday was better link up play than Edin has managed in 4 years. :)

Puppet Master Silva said:
Kean said:
sam-caddick said:
Yeah, I agree mate.

Bonys back heel on Sunday was better link up play than Edin has managed in 4 years. :)

It was a great back heel and link up play, and i know you are gloating, but Dzekos to Silva versus Newcastle unfortunately was better. :))

jaxxaj said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Kean said:

It was a great back heel and link up play, and i know you are gloating, but Dzekos to Silva versus Newcastle unfortunately was better. :))

Lol that's hating not gloating. That fella is a genuine Dzeko hater.

Dzeko at his best is one of the league's top strikers. If you have forgotten, check out the run-in last season, or the start of the 2011/12 title season including the Spurs match.

Ergo, we don't need Bony to be better than Dzeko's best. We just need him to be more consistent in his form and work ethic. That will do very nicely,

Sign Bale and we get a winger and someone who can cover Aguero and Bony. With Kalechi hopefully impressing in pre season we'd have 4 options without wasting big money on a backup striker.

Not sure why we'd go for Sterling over Bale. Sterling may be younger but he will never have the end product of Bale

Silva_Spell said:
Sign Bale and we get a winger and someone who can cover Aguero and Bony. With Kalechi hopefully impressing in pre season we'd have 4 options without wasting big money on a backup striker.

Not sure why we'd go for Sterling over Bale. Sterling may be younger but he will never have the end product of Bale

No one can be 100% sure of that, he might become as good in another year or 2. Don't forget at liverpool what really world class players does he play with week in week out!?!?

He probably sees himself as too good to sit on our bench, but not good enough to start for a team better than us, so that limits his options in terms of progressing. I'd expect him to leave for Italy or Germany this summer; he and we need to freshen things up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.