Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it has been said before, but I have always maintained that the Dzeko you see in the first 5/10 minutes of a game is the Dzeko you will get for the 90 minutes. If he fluffs his first couple of touches, which so frequently happens, then he might as well come off.The reverse of course is the Dzeko when playing with a smile on his face, but sadly recently this is a rare event.

Sorry Edin - I'm out!!

oakiecokie said:
oddfellows said:
Dzeko was woeful last night first touch was like Bambi on ice, but he shouldn't have started, when we play 442 we don't play to his strengths.

Performance made worse when you see how Murray played.

Another who is past his sell by date and should be moved on this summer.

Lets be honest,Toni Duggan could do a better fucking job.

Maybe your on to something, better strike rate too ;-)

oddfellows said:
oakiecokie said:
oddfellows said:
Dzeko was woeful last night first touch was like Bambi on ice, but he shouldn't have started, when we play 442 we don't play to his strengths.

Performance made worse when you see how Murray played.

Another who is past his sell by date and should be moved on this summer.

Lets be honest,Toni Duggan could do a better fucking job.

Maybe your on to something, better strike rate too ;-)

This is relevant - Is Bony out injured? - does anyone know?. If he is I would play Milner as centre forward - we seem to play better as previous results suggest.

Ok I'll start off with a small bit of defense for Dzeko. You won't get the best out of him with our trying to walk it in to the net approach, he is not that sort of player. If your going to play him, play to his strengths.

However a professional footballer should be able to hold the ball up, pass the ball 10 yards to a fellow player and return the ball from a throw in from 2 yards!! I think he is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched.

If we're going to stick to the way we play then he has to go in the summer.

Claytop said:
Ok I'll start off with a small bit of defense for Dzeko. You won't get the best out of him with our trying to walk it in to the net approach, he is not that sort of player. If your going to play him, play to his strengths.

However a professional footballer should be able to hold the ball up, pass the ball 10 yards to a fellow player and return the ball from a throw in from 2 yards!! I think he is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched.

Pretty much this.

MeatHunterrr said:
Claytop said:

Pretty much this.

Exactly this.

I understand the frustration, he's been dog shit last night - but some of these people here are just going way overboard with their comments about Edin.

I think if this is the way City will continue playing (and this depends on whether Pellegrini stays or goes) - Dzeko is done here (he might be done anyway, but especially if Pellers stays). This is hands down one of the worst crossing teams I've seen in my life, and the one that doesn't even consider that part of the game relevant (last night was most evident - just how many opportunities for crosses Navas and Clichy had and purposely did NOT cross it, but went to the nearest midfielder...)...in such circumstances Dzeko is not of much use.

I think he knows it himself, thus you don't see the previous desire in his game...he LOOKS like he's done...no point in playing him further TBH.

You have to be blind to see that he simply does not FIT right now, he sees it, everyone else sees it...

But you cannot say he is a bad striker...not for someone of his career achievements, yes EVEN AT CITY (in prior years).

EaglesFan said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Claytop said:

Pretty much this.

Exactly this.

I understand the frustration, he's been dog shit last night - but some of these people here are just going way overboard with their comments about Edin.

I think if this is the way City will continue playing (and this depends on whether Pellegrini stays or goes) - Dzeko is done here (he might be done anyway, but especially if Pellers stays). This is hands down one of the worst crossing teams I've seen in my life, and the one that doesn't even consider that part of the game relevant (last night was most evident - just how many opportunities for crosses Navas and Clichy had and purposely did NOT cross it, but went to the nearest midfielder...)...in such circumstances Dzeko is not of much use.

I think he knows it himself, thus you don't see the previous desire in his game...he LOOKS like he's done...no point in playing him further TBH.

You have to be blind to see that he simply does not FIT right now, he sees it, everyone else sees it...

But you cannot say he is a bad striker...not for someone of his career achievements, yes EVEN AT CITY (in prior years).

Everyone sees it except the manager.

If the issue with Dzeko is if he's not fitting our system at present and unable to contribute then he should be benched or we're just playing with 10 players on the pitch. No wonder we're losing. This comes down to the manager who can't get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.