Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mansour's tow ropes said:
Just been watching a few videos on Youtube of him at Porto, and I honestly cannot believe its the same player. He is so much fitter and more athletic, quicker, stronger on Youtube than he is now. Which makes me think he isn't mentally up to the challenge (as well as not technically gifted enough to begin with).

Ive mentioned this before,i don't think he's fit enough.The level required in the premiership is much higher imo and I believe its caught him by surprise - whether he has the ability to attain that level is another matter.

I realise even that will never develop him into another Matic,however,it will certainly improve his overall contribution.I'm not sure we will get the opportunity to find that out though as I have a feeling he was only ever bought as a short term 'fix'

FantasyIreland said:
ManCityX said:
Garcia or Rodwell were never this bad.

you have a very short memory.

Garcia was very much underrated and just became a boo boy for the baying fans to blame. Happens so many times fans all jump on the same band wagon and if they have a go at the likes of Garcia and Kolarov to make themselves look knowledgeable to an already disillusioned set of fans.

Let me know 1 game that Garcia let us down in and I can name you twice as many that Milner has. But slagging Milner off isn't the doen thing is it.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Shaelumstash said:
without a dream said:
It's not his fault. He's not got the attributes to play in a two, that's been obvious for months now.

Totally agree mate. I posted this in the Pellegrini thread, but think it's probably better off in here.

Previous results with Fernando in a 442:

Stoke at home - lost 1-0
West Ham away - lost 2-1
CSKA away - drew 2-2
CSKA home - lost 2-1
Burley home - drew 2-2
Middlesborough home - lost 2-0
Hull home - drew 1-1

We are consistently garbage when Fernando plays in a 442. How anyone can tell me Pellegrini has learned from this mistake is just completely beyond me.

And if you are looking for a precedent, the last time Fernando and Milner played together in a 442 we got dicked at home 2-0 by Middlesborough.

Didn't he play at Stoke away in a midfield 4?

I knew the stats would be bad but jesus that is horrendous. That just says manager incompetence for me. Either he isn't aware of this or he chooses to ignore it. I cant believe its the former with all the stats flying around nowadays.

Stoke away we played a 5 man midfield, Milner played in front of the two Ferns. The first half of that game is possibly the worst I have even seen Fernando. There were a few occasions where he was that bereft of confidence that he couldn't even face passing it 10 yards, and Fernandinho had to come and take the ball off his toes.

Octopus - fecking Platypus more like - a liability, saw that gif which reinforced how bad I thought he'd played watching him 'live'

the originalkippaxman said:
FantasyIreland said:
ManCityX said:

Garcia was very much underrated and just became a boo boy for the baying fans to blame. Happens so many times fans all jump on the same band wagon and if they have a go at the likes of Garcia and Kolarov to make themselves look knowledgeable to an already disillusioned set of fans.

Let me know 1 game that Garcia let us down in and I can name you twice as many that Milner has. But slagging Milner off isn't the doen thing is it.

Its opinion of course......but neither the above two players are/were good enough to play for us.Ive seen plenty of both to not be convinced otherwise.

No player is allowed a free pass when it comes to criticism,and I will always call it as I see it regardless........it just happens those two justify it on a very regular basis.

I remain defiant that Fernando isn't anywhere near the disaster some would insist.

He was really bad, 0 tackles says it all, a holding midfielder against Barca and no tackles made by him...

Only Nasri was worse yesterday.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

Its opinion of course......but neither the above two players are/were good enough to play for us.Ive seen plenty of both to not be convinced otherwise.

No player is allowed a free pass when it comes to criticism,and I will always call it as I see it regardless........it just happens those two justify it on a very regular basis.

I remain defiant that Fernando isn't anywhere near the disaster some would insist.
Your joking
Fernando makes Jamie Pollock look world class .

mansour's tow ropes said:
Just been watching a few videos on Youtube of him at Porto, and I honestly cannot believe its the same player. He is so much fitter and more athletic, quicker, stronger on Youtube than he is now. Which makes me think he isn't mentally up to the challenge (as well as not technically gifted enough to begin with).
Maybe somebody should shove a battery up his arse before they leave the dressing room. !

FantasyIreland said:
ManCityX said:

Absolutely spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.