Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueAnorak said:
BlueAnorak said:
Seriously? Wow!!!
Both of you need a trip to the opticians.
Fernando is very poor.

Just to add I defended Garcia as I could see what he did. For sure he didn't have pace but he was Good in the air, good at blocking the channels, good at closing down danger, He rarely went to ground and he only tackled when it was the last option - but that is what defenders have to do these days. When he had the ball he passed it 10 to 20 yards forward to another City player.
Fernando is the mirror image of Garcia - crap at everything else except pace. Sadly he doesn't use it well.
He has to be sold in the summer - he is totally useless and to me he is worse than Wayne Bridge - the previous holder of the "Bought under the Sheikh but totally useless" award.

You're missing the point pal I'm not saying fernando is great! But he's being made to look a lot worse than he is! Also I was quiteva big fan of garcia again in a 3 man midfield and the right team shape he was a good player and a player I would have definitely kept if we were playing a 3 man mid! Thats the reason I think they got rid then replaced him with a player that needs to play the same role.

I get your point. He may be able to play in a 3 but even then he isn't anywhere near good enough. Compare and contrast with Busquets for example..

BlueAnorak said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueAnorak said:
Just to add I defended Garcia as I could see what he did. For sure he didn't have pace but he was Good in the air, good at blocking the channels, good at closing down danger, He rarely went to ground and he only tackled when it was the last option - but that is what defenders have to do these days. When he had the ball he passed it 10 to 20 yards forward to another City player.
Fernando is the mirror image of Garcia - crap at everything else except pace. Sadly he doesn't use it well.
He has to be sold in the summer - he is totally useless and to me he is worse than Wayne Bridge - the previous holder of the "Bought under the Sheikh but totally useless" award.

You're missing the point pal I'm not saying fernando is great! But he's being made to look a lot worse than he is! Also I was quiteva big fan of garcia again in a 3 man midfield and the right team shape he was a good player and a player I would have definitely kept if we were playing a 3 man mid! Thats the reason I think they got rid then replaced him with a player that needs to play the same role.

I get your point. He may be able to play in a 3 but even then he isn't anywhere near good enough. Compare and contrast with Busquets for example..

Busquets is the best out there but I tell you what put him in our team in our midfield and he would struggle!

BlueAnorak said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueAnorak said:

He's too immobile often staring at the ball and not running after it. He's poor at marking opponent players. 3 man midfield or 2 man midfield, he shouldn't be a first choice midfielder by any stretch. I hope we sell him while the ink on his contract is still fresh. No need to allow him carry on like this.

aguero93:20 said:
richards30 said:
Thinking about it vinny could solve alot of problems if he played DM? We would need to sign a top cb but maybe vinny could move up to midfield?

No, he's too injury prone as it is and his hamstrings will be under a lot more stress in midfield. Vinny needs to adapt his game to be less dynamic, not more.

Do you think Vinny's hamstrings are less susceptible in the current format, where he is rushing into midfield from centre half?

Not that I am advocating a move into midfield of course.

uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueAnorak said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Busquets is the best out there but I tell you what put him in our team in our midfield and he would struggle!

I very much doubt it, mate. I'd like to think Busquets would at least get himself in a position to defend - this is something Fernando rarely succeeds at.

Wretched Vengeance said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueAnorak said:

I very much doubt it, mate. I'd like to think Busquets would at least get himself in a position to defend - this is something Fernando rarely succeeds at.

don't think Busquets would do brilliantly in our setup, nor should he.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

You're right, I think the set-up is wrong.

But Fernando does not help himself at all. His positioning is hopeless and cannot tackle, he cannot pass. He looks unfit and that is not acceptable.

Wretched Vengeance said:
aguero93:20 said:
richards30 said:
Thinking about it vinny could solve alot of problems if he played DM? We would need to sign a top cb but maybe vinny could move up to midfield?

No, he's too injury prone as it is and his hamstrings will be under a lot more stress in midfield. Vinny needs to adapt his game to be less dynamic, not more.

Do you think Vinny's hamstrings are less susceptible in the current format, where he is rushing into midfield from centre half?

Not that I am advocating a move into midfield of course.

Much less, just go take a look at the average distance travelled by centre mids in matches compared to centre halves and then factor in that more high intensity short sprints are required in an open midfield like ours. Vinny currently has an area of about 15 yards from right to left to cover from right back to left centre half, from 6 yard box to the halfway line. Fernando/Fernandinho are going touchline to touchline and from the centre halves (our penalty area) to the number ten spot (the d outside the opposition penalty area). Knowing Vinny he'll run round like a bull trying to cover every last millimetre as well instead of trusting his team mates.

Wretched Vengeance said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Wretched Vengeance said:

You're right, I think the set-up is wrong.

But Fernando does not help himself at all. His positioning is hopeless and cannot tackle, he cannot pass. He looks unfit and that is not acceptable.
Yet he is now a regular in our team

Can't tackle, and is unfit? What does that make Yaya Toure then? Fernando's power and tackling is exactly why we bought him. Some of the closing down he does is very impressive.

The one weakness in his game is his passing. Most of the time he gvesit very simple but every game he seem to give 2 or 3 balls away sometimes in dangerous areas.

For me he has been our best signing this Summer because the defensive side of his game is outstanding.

A lot of City fans don't appreciate the defensive side of his game because we're often up against 10 man defence. He comes into his own though when we lose the ball upfield and need someone to close the opponents down. I've not seen anyone better than that including De Jong

uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueAnorak said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

You're probably right. Certainly in 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.