Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see just how bad a youth player would do for a game instead of Fernando, how little faith do we have in these lads? I'd like to see Denayer at City next season getting a handful of games at centre back and the occasional one in defensive midfield a la Kompany.

Yet another player that has been hung out to dry by the balance of our team and the formation we play! His passing is bad but I think that comes with the pressure he is under he's always getting slatted by our fans and when he does play he's played in a 4 man midfield with yaya nasri silva and the defence 40 yds behind him! Made his name in Portugal in a 3 man midfield and looked good! We buy him and stick him in a 2 and expect him to do the running for 4!

uwe rosler 28 said:
Yet another player that has been hung out to dry by the balance of our team and the formation we play! His passing is bad but I think that comes with the pressure he is under he's always getting slatted by our fans and when he does play he's played in a 4 man midfield with yaya nasri silva and the defence 40 yds behind him! Made his name in Portugal in a 3 man midfield and looked good! We buy him and stick him in a 2 and expect him to do the running for 4!

Take a bow young man you have hit the preverble nail on the head. Though you might as well speak to a brick wall as the "Its fashionable to knock Fernando and people will thing I know what I am talking about" mob wont like common sense with football knowledge shinning through.

the originalkippaxman said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Take a bow young man you have hit the preverble nail on the head. Though you might as well speak to a brick wall as the "Its fashionable to knock Fernando and people will thing I know what I am talking about" mob wont like common sense with football knowledge shinning through.

Clearly Pellegrini's fault then, surely?

uwe rosler 28 said:

I would give you this argument if we weren't the better side against 95% of the opposition we come up against. If we were playing Bayern, Barca, Real et al week in week out then yes, I would have sympathy for Fernando. The reality however, is that the majority of the games we play, is against clearly inferior opposition and Fernando should have the easiest job in the world.

Take the ball off the centre backs, play it simple, keep his shape and mop up the half a dozen or so breaks the opposition will have in the 90 mins. No problem you would think, for any half decent defensive midfielder. Only he cant do it. Every time the opposition break down the middle of the park he is nowhere to be seen and we are not talking against top class sides here, Leicester the other night barely had a kick yet every time they broke my heart was in my mouth because Fernando had no control of the midfield whatsoever.

He hasn't been hung out to dry, rather some people are trying to make as many excuses for him as they can......"he cant play in a 2", "its yayas fault", "first season in a new league syndrome"!

uwe rosler 28 said:

It must be hard for a professional footballer to play in a midfield alongside arguably two of the best players in Europe

OrigamiNinja said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

I would give you this argument if we weren't the better side against 95% of the opposition we come up against. If we were playing Bayern, Barca, Real et al week in week out then yes, I would have sympathy for Fernando. The reality however, is that the majority of the games we play, is against clearly inferior opposition and Fernando should have the easiest job in the world.

Take the ball off the centre backs, play it simple, keep his shape and mop up the half a dozen or so breaks the opposition will have in the 90 mins. No problem you would think, for any half decent defensive midfielder. Only he cant do it. Every time the opposition break down the middle of the park he is nowhere to be seen and we are not talking against top class sides here, Leicester the other night barely had a kick yet every time they broke my heart was in my mouth because Fernando had no control of the midfield whatsoever.

He hasn't been hung out to dry, rather some people are trying to make as many excuses for him as they can......"he cant play in a 2", "its yayas fault", "first season in a new league syndrome"!

Its hard for him to mop up when he has 3 players doing triangles round him because the defence is sat 30/40 yds behind him! I'm not having a go at yaya, nasri, silva yes it must be fantastic to play with them but the shape and set up doesn't help him! Ie coaches/management fault he would look a total diffrent player in a 3 or a more solid line up!

uwe rosler 28 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Its hard for him to mop up when he has 3 players doing triangles round him because the defence is sat 30/40 yds behind him! I'm not having a go at yaya, nasri, silva yes it must be fantastic to play with them but the shape and set up doesn't help him! Ie coaches/management fault he would look a total diffrent player in a 3 or a more solid line up!
Exaggerations only hinder.

uwe rosler 28 said:

Not sure when this "fashion" started, but I said in August that I didn't think he'd end up being a good player for us because he hides when we have the ball and isn't good enough on it when he receives it. 7 months later, that is the majority view, so as opposed to it being "fashionable" maybe it's the truth?

I said in October that he is only suited to playing in a 3 and should not start a game in a 2, and gave examples. I was told "a stopped clock is right twice a day" and that it was "a coincidence". Again, 4 months later, it is now the majority view. Maybe 40,000 clocks are stopped, or people are jumping on the band wagon to be "fashionable" or then again, maybe it's just true?

You could argue it's not his fault we are not playing him in a 3, that is down to the manager, and he's been roundly criticised himself in the Pellegrini thread for that. But the reality is, he is playing in a 2 the vast majority of the time he plays for us. He's clearly not good enough and more and more people are pointing it out. Not because they want to appear fashionable, but because they want City to win, and they know with this guy playing in a midfield 2 we've got much less chance of doing that because he's simply not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.