Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
Juan King said:
Not going to totally write him off yet. This time last year most people were saying Demichelis was shite & needed to go, but he proved me & quite a few others wrong. He's not been great so far, but it might just take time for him to adapt & settle in.
What a load if rubbish about Demichelis.
Folks were criticizing him in Oct. By Christmas most had decided he was better than OK and by the start of Feb he had his own song!
Its mid March now and Fernando is still very very poor and showing ZERO signs of improvement. Worse still if he starts the opposition win record is very high.
He's unlikely to come good. More importantly we can't give him the time to do so.

You are the one talking rubbish. Virtually everyone was saying he was shite this time last year, it didn't stop by Christmas at all. As someone else just said the Hull game on 15 March 2014 was pretty much the turning point when people started to say he was OK.

As someone has just said just because he turned out OK doesn't mean Fernando will, but my point was some of the football geniuses on here are too quick to write players off.

Fernando is a terrible, awful player and the Fernando-apologists can not say anything to convince me otherwise. The only person who can is Fernando himself, but hopefully he won't be around long enough to have the chance to!!!

Some transfers just don't work out and i fear this is one,as was Jovetic to a lesser extent.The jury is out on Mangala being a young lad but i haven't seen anything great from him aside from his debut game.

I bet if the club could recoup their transfer outlay back all three would be gone in the blink of an eye.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Fernando is a terrible, awful player and the Fernando-apologists can not say anything to convince me otherwise. The only person who can is Fernando himself, but hopefully he won't be around long enough to have the chance to!!!

Agreed. Garcia was limited but put a shift in and not bad in air. Fernando won't be a top player as long as he has a hole in his arse. Less mobile than Garcia, softer and less aware positionally.

What I don't get is how someone can look so shite in a position.... When they were so good at it a couple of months back

(if you had seen him play for Porto getting him for 12 mill was a bargain)

Is it just a confidence issue, and adjusting to playing with different types of players around him????

Same thing with mangala....

mansour's tow ropes said:

It's not beyond reason that he might improve. But let's say he gets to Garcia's level of last season, even that isn't good enough and City knew that by selling Garcia. De Jong was a one dimensional holding midfielder but he's been the best one dimensional holding midfielder we've had, and now we've spent close to £30m failing to replace him.

Most rival clubs wouldn't tolerate such a poor season by a player at the standard we aim to achieve. Real Madrid would already be offering him to clubs across the continent. But being holistic, we'll probably do the 'friendly' and 'proper' thing of giving him a second season to prove himself. If that happens, let's hope he improves more than any of us can currently comprehend! He was good against Newcastle on the opening day, so who knows.

BTW if we were desperate, we could sell Fernando for £6m and sign De Jong on a free transfer. But I'd say don't look back and use the damn scouting network to find some really good midfielders who suit our team.

There are two far better players plying their trade already in the Prem,both are well seasoned - Schneiderlin and McCarthy.

FantasyIreland said:
There are two far better players plying their trade already in the Prem,both are well seasoned - Schneiderlin and McCarthy.

Genuine question, how much would City have to pay to secure either's signature?

I'm a big fan of Schneiderlin and he's homegrown too.

Juan King said:
BlueAnorak said:
Juan King said:
Not going to totally write him off yet. This time last year most people were saying Demichelis was shite & needed to go, but he proved me & quite a few others wrong. He's not been great so far, but it might just take time for him to adapt & settle in.
What a load if rubbish about Demichelis.
Folks were criticizing him in Oct. By Christmas most had decided he was better than OK and by the start of Feb he had his own song!
Its mid March now and Fernando is still very very poor and showing ZERO signs of improvement. Worse still if he starts the opposition win record is very high.
He's unlikely to come good. More importantly we can't give him the time to do so.

You are the one talking rubbish. Virtually everyone was saying he was shite this time last year, it didn't stop by Christmas at all. As someone else just said the Hull game on 15 March 2014 was pretty much the turning point when people started to say he was OK.

As someone has just said just because he turned out OK doesn't mean Fernando will, but my point was some of the football geniuses on here are too quick to write players off.

If you wish to continue with your delusion then do so,
Fernando is just not good enough. Period.

Sheikh Mansour,
Spain again,
In a 2nd hand Lexus,
Spent some cash,
Brought us back...
Michael Demechalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.