Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarrely, he's now scored a many league goals in 2 games against West Brom as he did in his entire 142 game, 6 year stint in Portugal.

SebastianBlue said:
I was not slagging him off just making the very valid point that there was nothing in the situation of the match that allows us to derive any new understanding or knowledge regarding his quality.
Well I thought there was, he had a good game, whatever the circumstances, its only fair to give him credit for that.

I thought he did alright today. The opposition wasn't great after the early sending off, but can't fault him on today's performance. Some people on here seem to be wishing for him to do badly, so that it backs up their idea that he is rubbish. Scored a goal & didn't really put a foot wrong IMO, can't ask for much more than that today. Good luck to the lad!

Juan King said:
I thought he did alright today. The opposition wasn't great after the early sending off, but can't fault him on today's performance. Some people on here seem to be wishing for him to do badly, so that it backs up their idea that he is rubbish. Scored a goal & didn't really put a foot wrong IMO, can't ask for much more than that today. Good luck to the lad!
Hope a few posters in the Pre-Match are eating their words about not wanting him anywhere near the team. For a DM he spent a lot of time in the attacking third.

I'm going to backtrack slightly on my comments last night - calling him a 'fucking fraud' was probably a step too far.

i'll maintain he's not good enough to form the nucleus of a team to go on and win the champions league, he has a place in our squad to fulfil when we play these mid to bottom table cloggers like yday.

Fernando would be great as a lonely DM with 2 CM in front of him. I can t see him fulfilling his potential in 442 system.

I thought he was pretty poor yesterday to be honest. He seems incapable of passing - or oehaps unwilling to pass - the ball more than 3 yards or indeed in any forward direction at all. He is about the only player i have seen where from time to time,, i've thought I could do that.

He had a better game yesterday simply because he wasn't required to do anything.

Will be kept next season but hopefully as a squad player and one that can come up when we want to see a game out.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Thought he was very good yesterday..bluemooners are quick to criticise but seemingly unwilling to praise when warranted

Personally I was pleased for the lad

I think we are all pleased for the lad, aren't we?

But you say he was "very good". I am putting the goal for one side, and that is perhaps unfair, but apart from that, what was it that you thought was "very good? Because for the life of me i couldn't see anything that any of perhaps 50 premiership or even Championship midfield players coukd not have done as well or better.

He was barely "OK" in my view, and far from beung very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.