Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fernando

Had a shocker today; badly at fault for the Spurs goal, and it happened several times. Hopefully it was a one-off. He wasn't on his own either, which is weird considering we won 4-1. Merlin was as poor as I've seen him, the defensive unit was well below par and Navas was frustrating. Only Joe, Jimbo and Kun played up to par really. And Dinho and Yaya weren't bad when they came on.

jimharri said:
Had a shocker today; badly at fault for the Spurs goal, and it happened several times. Hopefully it was a one-off. He wasn't on his own either, which is weird considering we won 4-1. Merlin was as poor as I've seen him, the defensive unit was well below par and Navas was frustrating. Only Joe, Jimbo and Kun played up to par really. And Dinho and Yaya weren't bad when they came on.

did you even go to the game?

jimharri said:
Jovetic was very good when he come on too imo. It's frustrating though that no one passes to him early. Navas was very frustrating late on alright. Thought Fernando just was rusty. Some excellent passing and some awful composure.

TonyM said:
jimharri said:
Jovetic was very good when he come on too imo. It's frustrating though that no one passes to him early. Navas was very frustrating late on alright. Thought Fernando just was rusty. Some excellent passing and some awful composure.

Spot on

de niro said:
jimharri said:

I was at the game, and thought that was a fairly reasonable assessment (although I thought Navas did OK).

I've been impressed with Fernando so far, but he was sloppy today and looked off the pace. Not the only one to be fair, but he was a liability at times. He looked slow and sluggish in possession.

Lucky Toma said:
adrianr said:
The most active topic after a 4-1 thumping of Spurs at home is about a player coming back from injury who, shockingly, isn't fully up to speed yet.

Perhaps. But his decision-making and passing was so awry my take on it was that his head was elsewhere. Possibly a personal issue. Who knows, could have had a barney with his missus via text before the game.

Whatever it was his mind wasnt tuned into the game and it was a very uncharacteristic performance from Fernando. Doubt we'll see the likes again from the lad.
Hahaha, maybe he just had a shit game, footballers, even the best, do this.

CC1 said:
TonyM said:
jimharri said:

Spot on

Too many flicks from Jovetic for my liking.

de niro said:
jimharri said:

I'm basing my judgement on what I was told and the highlights on MOTD. Can't be arsed going to watch them any more.

;-)

He was shocking today, gave no protection and was very poor in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.