Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fernando

coleridge said:
Ducado said:
I thought he had a good game yesterday, he does what he does without much fanfare seems to be settling in well

He seems to be acquiring an extra yard. In fact, the entire squad is starting to look fitter and sharper as the season goes on. For me, that's due to all the coaching staff who get even less praise that Fernando.

Totally agree. Loved the charge over the half way line that led to the 3rd goal. Had me thinking " hold on - you are a defensive m/fielder". - lol

He's doing well, looks like he's worked on his short passing and heading which was needed, hopefully he keeps it up, I still think he has more improvement in him.

Isn't it nice to have some proper competition for places in central midfield for a change? :D First time we've had any since the takeover, barring that brief spell when we had Barry, de Jong, Yaya and Chilean Dave.

Bluep*ss said:
coleridge said:
Ducado said:
I thought he had a good game yesterday, he does what he does without much fanfare seems to be settling in well

He seems to be acquiring an extra yard. In fact, the entire squad is starting to look fitter and sharper as the season goes on. For me, that's due to all the coaching staff who get even less praise that Fernando.

Totally agree. Loved the charge over the half way line that led to the 3rd goal. Had me thinking " hold on - you are a defensive m/fielder". - lol

and me. love the guy.

Just like Mangala, he is growing into his rôle within the team and system.

His overhead kick for the first goal was truely acrobatic.

Not quite on the level of Dennis, of course, but a great effort nonetheless.

remember arthur mann said:
Perfectly executed overhead kick, not shinned or dangerous unlike the overhyped televised one !
M of the Match for me.

Do you mean the one in the Trafford derby a few years ago?

If so, I completely agree.

Luckier than a win on the lottery, that one!

Anyone got any ideas as to what he was doing in midfield today? I thought he was a defensive midfield player yet he spent little time defending and the midfield was so open a better team would have beaten us today.

Yaya was badly missed and we play three very hard hard games in Jan without him. He will be a huge miss based on today's evidence.

Classic case of a holding midfielder getting lost against a direct side today. Ball just goes over his head and he's running back towards his own goal instead of trying to stop people coming towards him, like he wants. The opposition playing that direct makes it very difficult for a midfield to defend with any shape, as you can't press the ball and you're always just chasing knock downs. He looks much better when the opposition try and actually work the ball up the field.

Couldn't adapt to the aerial threat today, he should have been backing into Barnes and making it difficult for him instead of allowing the ball to sail over his head time and time again. Drop a little deeper and use your brain. Either he or the manager should have tweaked his position to give it some value, instead he just ran around chasing shadows, got tired and sloppy, and went hiding in the end. The latter is not his fault, he should have been taken off instead of Fernandinho after doing 90 in the snow on Friday.

As an aside, Fernando and Fernandinho at home to Burnley does not work. At the Nou Camp yes, today, no. Should have had Lamps in there for 70 minutes. Neither can pass the ball well enough when we're trying to dominate games. If this is the midfield weve got to look forward to when Toures gone......

he is not built to play in a 2-man MD...he is a pure defensive MD who stays in front of defence and clean it up and to get the better of him you need to play him a 3-man MD....i hope to god that with yaya gone MP will not try a 2-man MD with both ferns against arsenal and chelsea othetrwise these 2 will kill us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.