Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fernando

BlueAnorak said:
Fernando. Is he an upgrade on Garcia? On yesterday's evidence the answer has to be no.
He certainly has the pace but his threat vision is poor compared with Garcia as is his ability in the air.
As to the partnership with Fernandiniho, sorry but it doesn't work.
Pellers needs to play one or the other with Milner when YaYa departs for the ACON.

he needs time like mangala to get use to the pace of the game in the premier league and the pressing

Unless he is actually going to play a holding role then he shouldn't be playing. He did no defending of note the other day and doesn't add much going forward so I don't see the point of playing him against the likes of Burnley at home.

He is what he is, a £12m type player. Nothing special.

He's been excellent for the last 2 months in helping us win 9 consecutive games and had a tough 2nd 45 after playing 90 mins just 48 hours before. Give the lad a break, FFS.

Bluewonder said:
He's been excellent for the last 2 months in helping us win 9 consecutive games and had a tough 2nd 45 after playing 90 mins just 48 hours before. Give the lad a break, FFS.
He'll get one now, 5 bookings isn't it, and the last 2 when he's got the ball.

A good tackler, who isn't yet fully at the pace of the PL, and who wasn't helped out much by the mess on our left against Burnley.

dont get this love in for de jong. yes he was a very good player for us but if he was so good wouldnt he be plying his trade for a top 4 club in a top league. where is he, at Milan in the italian league, the club that wants wild cards for the CL as its squad is not good enough for a top 3 position in serie A

city91 said:
He's a good player but nothing else. An upgrade on Garcia but a downgrade on De Jong.
Cant agree with that. Fernando has much more to his game and he has shown glimpses of real quality in his distribution. I think he's coming to terms with the league and will be a good player once he settles. I liked De Jong but I feel Fern is a better, De Jong was very 1 dimensional.

Personally seen nothing in fernando and roma away apart I've generally been underwhelmed. Gets caught in possession too often, passing ability average at best, offers us little in terms of pace and positional play also poor. I'd take Garcia, NDJ or barry over him any day of the week. Would also have preferred Alex song from barca. For me he isn't the answer.

blue ranger said:
Personally seen nothing in fernando and roma away apart I've generally been underwhelmed. Gets caught in possession too often, passing ability average at best, offers us little in terms of pace and positional play also poor. I'd take Garcia, NDJ or barry over him any day of the week. Would also have preferred Alex song from barca. For me he isn't the answer.
A younger Barry definitely but not DJ or Garcia. Fernandos passing is much better then a lot give him credit for. Routinely in a game he will ping at least one 30-40 yarder cross field to switch play with great accuracy. He doesn't do it often as I'm sure hes under instruction to win it and give it yaya/silva/nasri but he CAN and DOES do it.

super_city_si said:
city91 said:
He's a good player but nothing else. An upgrade on Garcia but a downgrade on De Jong.
Cant agree with that. Fernando has much more to his game and he has shown glimpses of real quality in his distribution. I think he's coming to terms with the league and will be a good player once he settles. I liked De Jong but I feel Fern is a better, De Jong was very 1 dimensional.

De Jong was possibly the most one dimensional player I've seen in a City shirt. However he was the master at it. He was in his prime in the big games. The match when we beat Chelsea at home was one of the best performances from a City player in recent years.

If we are judging Fernando and De Jong as overall midfielders then I'd agree that Fernando is better. But as natural holding midfielders then De Jong is leagues above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.