Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back and I was wondering whether anyone can help me out with this on.

I mention it time and time again in the match and people look at me like I'm mad, but what the fuck does Fernando do?

He certainly doesn't help us defensively, mainly due to the fact that it looks like he runs in treacle, and when he does get it often gives it away. Yet every week nobody calls him out on it.

If Garcia had played like that today he would of got dogs abuse.

I honestly cannot see one redeeming factor in the guy and todays performance was the pinnacle of what has been many a poor display.

Play Milner in the middle instead.

Richard said:

I mention it time and time again in the match and people look at me like I'm mad, but what the fuck does Fernando do?

He certainly doesn't help us defensively, mainly due to the fact that it looks like he runs in treacle, and when he does get it often gives it away. Yet every week nobody calls him out on it.

I honestly cannot see one redeeming factor in the guy and todays performance was the pinnacle of what has been many a poor display.

Sold down the river in a single pivot and still managed to break up some of the play of a rampant Arsenal side.

Richard said:

He did get dog's abuse. Certainly on here. "Too old, too slow, yadda yadda yadda". I'd have Garcia over Fernando any day.

and people on here suggested that he is a improvement on Garcia he is fuck i'll have Garcia over him every day

Three seasons gone and we have still yet to replace De Jong. We've now spent £25m on two mediocre defensive mids, when we should have given De Jong the contract he wanted and deserved on parity with some of the more glamorous players in our squad. Not for one minute am I having he wanted to leave as I am constantly told.

I remember so many coming out with how De Jong can't pass, Fernando makes De Jong's passing look like Xavi

We played pretty open, yet they didn't really have any joy at all attacking us down the middle. Instead they scored from two setpieces. I know we all love blaming the new guy, but I can't see how this one is on our holding midfielder. He won a ton of challenges, I don't recall him ever giving the ball away and they had no joy at all through the middle of the pitch. It's not his fault the entire attacking part of our team failed miserably

Richard said:

Said that myself in the post match thread.

I'm not giving up on Fernando, nobody is, but to date he's done nothing to merit different treatment from Garcia.

However, Javi was a beast in the air and actually liked to tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.