Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
babyajay said:
Three seasons gone and we have still yet to replace De Jong. We've now spent £25m on two mediocre defensive mids, when we should have given De Jong the contract he wanted and deserved on parity with some of the more glamorous players in our squad. Not for one minute am I having he wanted to leave as I am constantly told.

I remember so many coming out with how De Jong can't pass, Fernando makes De Jong's passing look like Xavi

Yeah De Jong was limited but he was a warrior. We haven't replaced him imo

BigOscar said:
We played pretty open, yet they didn't really have any joy at all attacking us down the middle. Instead they scored from two setpieces. I know we all love blaming the new guy, but I can't see how this one is on our holding midfielder. He won a ton of challenges, I don't recall him ever giving the ball away and they had no joy at all through the middle of the pitch. It's not his fault the entire attacking part of our team failed miserably

Yes, it was 'Dinho that gave the ball away a fair bit today.

Fernando broke up a lot of play, so he did his job quite well.

What 'Dinho didn't do or was not confident at, was travelling with the ball. He, in effect, should have been the 'Yaya' of the two, allowing the same pivot football with El Mago, as with Yaya.

Fernandinho was quite static, probably out of fear or habit, therefore holding the main area/ position he usually does.

He has to travel, not 'Nando.

He should only be used in a 4-3-3 where he does the cleaning job while 2 players infront of him do the creating. He really is clueless with the ball at his feet.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The octopus is looking more like a damp squid at the moment. Very poor, the most obvious thing he does is give the ball away, looks very slow against decent opposition.
He gave the ball away twice today, less than anyone else on the pitch. (according to Whoscored) You either have your Nando's mixed up, or are just making things up.

you people are insane. He was one of our better players tonights. No huge plays but did his job well aside from a few mistakes.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The octopus is looking more like a damp squid at the moment. Very poor, the most obvious thing he does is give the ball away, looks very slow against decent opposition.

he barely gave the ball away

There are some right moaners on here today.

Bokonon said:
you people are insane. He was one of our better players tonights. No huge plays but did his job well aside from a few mistakes.
One of those mistakes wouldn't have led to a goal by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.