Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected a huge upgrade on Garcia, that did not happen. Still time for him to get used to the pace, style etc. Not saying he is worse than Garcia, he isnt, but maybe I really did overrate him and thought he will be a beast in midfield, stopping "every" attack etc.

Pretty sure in CL we wouldnt get away in midfield playing a Yaya-Fernando duo vs Barca. We might need Fernando, Yaya and Fernandinho as well.

pudge said:
Bokonon said:
you people are insane. He was one of our better players tonights. No huge plays but did his job well aside from a few mistakes.
One of those mistakes wouldn't have led to a goal by any chance?

oh hush up. giroud vs fernando was always a mismatch. where was his help?

Bokonon said:
pudge said:
Bokonon said:
you people are insane. He was one of our better players tonights. No huge plays but did his job well aside from a few mistakes.

He lost his man and the ball

Not sure what he was focusing on to cock up both.

pudge said:
Bokonon said:
pudge said:

Not for me, for me it looked like no one tracked anyone, presumably as part of an offside trap, but Lampard didn't seem to know the plan, so went deep and played everyone offside. Fernando at least reacted and went in, no one else even bothered going. It was a complete shambles all round tbh

BigOscar said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The octopus is looking more like a damp squid at the moment. Very poor, the most obvious thing he does is give the ball away, looks very slow against decent opposition.
He gave the ball away twice today, less than anyone else on the pitch. (according to Whoscored) You either have your Nando's mixed up, or are just making things up.

Thought that apart from the goal he actually did well.

His performances don't surprise me. He is just a very average player who can't do what he is supposed to do very well.

An Arsenal player ghosted past him like he wasn't even there in the second half.

He doesn't get back quickly when the opposition attack, is poor in the pass and slides into tackles too much.

An upgrade on Garcia? Maybe but isn't hard. A player who Bayern, Real, Barca would buy? no chance.

You certainly do get what you pay for with him!

raymondkl92 said:
BigOscar said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The octopus is looking more like a damp squid at the moment. Very poor, the most obvious thing he does is give the ball away, looks very slow against decent opposition.
He gave the ball away twice today, less than anyone else on the pitch. (according to Whoscored) You either have your Nando's mixed up, or are just making things up.

Thought that apart from the goal he actually did well.
he wasn't wt fault for the goal. That was on the coach, and to a lesser extent Lampard for keeping everyone onside.
fernando was decent. Very good in tandem with The other Fern. But again, he is no Fabregas. We needed difference makers, instead we got role players. And for that reason we might not retain our title.

BigOscar said:
pudge said:
Bokonon said:

Not for me, for me it looked like no one tracked anyone, presumably as part of an offside trap, but Lampard didn't seem to know the plan, so went deep and played everyone offside. Fernando at least reacted and went in, no one else even bothered going. It was a complete shambles all round tbh
The replay showed Fernando eyeing Giroud, making sure he knew where he was before the free kick was taken. He was marking Giroud and then lost him and then just stopped.

Fernando was marking Giroud, he let him go, Giroud scored. Poor.

I believe it may have been Kompany (?) at the very back marking someone and was level with Lampard as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.