Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
Fuck him off and bring in Morgan Spiderman.

I have to agree.
I like Fernando but unfortunately he doesn't quite cut the mustard......he's a good player but not quite good enough.
The Saints lad is a definite upgrade,as well as the defensive duties,he can also orchestrate play......Fernando is far more limited.

Chelsea have the far superior Matic,we need something akin and Schneiderlin isn't a million miles away.

For someone who looks like the sort of person you'd want to avoid in a back street late at night, he actually turns out to a bit of a pussy on the pitch, losing out in tackles to less physically strong players. He doesn't seem to add much going forward creatively, can be a bit ponderous on the ball and is not the hard man "thou shall not pass" type I hoped he would be at the other end of the pitch.
Could just be a difficult settling in period for the lad or I suspect, he's just not good enough for where we want to be going....

FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:
Fuck him off and bring in Morgan Spiderman.

I have to agree.
I like Fernando but unfortunately he doesn't quite cut the mustard......he's a good player but not quite good enough.
The Saints lad is a definite upgrade,as well as the defensive duties,he can also orchestrate play......Fernando is far more limited.

Chelsea have the far superior Matic,we need something akin and Schneiderlin isn't a million miles away.

Another bonus is not only is he good enough he's also homegrown.

I'd say Schnederlin has more energy and more of a goal threat than Matic, he reminds me of Petit.

Not a knee jerk from me as I've been saying it since his debut, don't get him as a player at all, not good enough.

I started a thread comparing him with Garcia and got dogs abuse, people saying he's in a different class. Funny thing is, on reflection, he looks a class below!

Out of possession he's slow, doesn't read the game well, dives in, very poor. In possession it's like playing with 10 men. He doesn't ever want the ball, never shows feet, and if the ball does come to him he slows it down and plays square.

I'm sure he looks ok in a less physical league like Portugal because he's strong enough to bully their 5'8 and 9 stone midfielders. Not in the prem though. A dreadful footballer.

Awful, seems to lack fitness, he was moving like a pissed off Yaya in the second half, had no idea about position, there was a moment where he was gasping and unsble to move abour 75 mins.

Garcia was a better option.

Porto have had our pants down so far with our big summer signings although Mangala is showing some signs of improvement.

I do find his diving-in, which usually leads to him being wrong side of the ball with a gaping hole behind him, to be rather frustrating.

Lets not be silly now.....he is a much better player than Garcia,he's the tier below top class and exactly what you get for the price.

He's just an alright player. Can play well, is often just alright. That's not really the required standard though.

FantasyIreland said:
Lets not be silly now.....he is a much better player than Garcia,he's the tier below top class and exactly what you get for the price.

I'm not being antagonistic, but what do you think he's better than Garcia at? Reading play, passing, movement, tackling, heading, pace, what attributes do you think he's shown for us that are better than Garcia?

He's arguably a bit faster, but that's rather like like saying the older Proclaimer twin isn't as ugly as the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.