Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the lads got the character to turn his form around but at the moment theres not many premiership teams he would get in and certainly isn't good enough to hold a place down at any team with hopes of winning the title

I really don't like having a go at individual players but yesterday he was appalling, really isn't doing enough to get a starting spot in a team that wants to compete at the highest levels.

I know NDJ wasn't everyone's cup of tea, I understand that quite a lot of blues considered him very one-dimensional and limited as a footballer however look at the money we have spent trying to replace him. Can anyone hand on heart say that we have improved significantly on him and had the expected return on investment?

NDJ might have had his limitations but he was as good as anyone at just sitting in front of the back four and offering them protection. The opposition used to find attacking in the central positions much harder against us in the De Jong days than they do now. People are looking to Matic and comparing all defensive midfielders to him these days, well De Jong was closer to Matic standard than any of the dross we have tried to replace him with.

There are not many footballers who are good at everything, so if you're going to be a regular starter in a team like City's that are challenging for trophies then you have to excel at what you are in the side for. Nobody looks to Aguero for his defensive capabilities, same as nobody looks to Silva for his tackling. Aguero offers goals and Silva is a magician. What does Fernando excel at? For me he is just average at everything, average is ok in some sides, its not ok in City's.

in my opinion based solely on what they bring to the defensive midfielder role NDJ>Barry>Garcia>Fernando>Rodwell. Look at the money we have spent to be worse off in a position than we were 5 years ago!

philiph20 said:
Garcia wasn't great but Fernando is gash, not good enough for where we want to be.

THIS!
Comparing Garcia over the run in last season and Fernando this season - then Garcia is the better player. Not great but better than Fernando.
Fernando had so much space to run at Arsenal yesterday yet he didn't even try.
If he had It would have drawn defenders away from Silva and Aguero and given them space to do their stuff.

BlueAnorak said:
philiph20 said:
Garcia wasn't great but Fernando is gash, not good enough for where we want to be.

THIS!
Comparing Garcia over the run in last season and Fernando this season - then Garcia is the better player. Not great but better than Fernando.
If he had It would have drawn defenders away from Silva and Aguero and given them space to do their stuff.

Yes let's conveniently forget the almost exclusively dire 2 years Garcia had prior to his handful of decent games before he left.

Lancet Fluke said:
BlueAnorak said:
philiph20 said:

THIS!

Yes let's conveniently forget the almost exclusively dire 2 years Garcia had prior to his handful of decent games before he left.

So? Can we wait two years for Fernando to come good. NO WE CAN'T - certainly not as a starter.
Fernando stank the place out yesterday. He was woeful! I don't understand why Pellers took Fernandinho off instead of him in the second half either.

BlueAnorak said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BlueAnorak said:
THIS!

So? Can we wait two years for Fernando to come good. NO WE CAN'T.

His first performance for us was better than any performance that Garcia managed in his whole time at the club. But that aside, no we cannot wait two years for him to come good, how do you know it will take two years to come good though? He may not prove to be good enough, certainly he isn't playing well enough at the moment but these comparisons to Garcia are bullshit considering he was so bad for so long and this guy has been playing here for half a season.

Lancet Fluke said:
BlueAnorak said:
Lancet Fluke said:

So? Can we wait two years for Fernando to come good. NO WE CAN'T.

His first performance for us was better than any performance that Garcia managed in his whole time at the club. But that aside, no we cannot wait two years for him to come good, how do you know it will take two years to come good though? He may not prove to be good enough, certainly he isn't playing well enough at the moment but these comparisons to Garcia are bullshit considering he was so bad for so long and this guy has been playing here for half a season.

Lancet you seems to be on a mission to disagree with everyone who has a dif opinion about fernando he is not good enough and won't be tbh....for me instead of bust 12m we could had put another 4-5m and get schniderlin from saints he is also a homegrown and plays the role of holding md very well

MihaiCity said:
Lancet you seems to be on a mission to disagree with everyone who has a dif opinion
So what you're saying is I'm on a mission to disagree with people about something I don't agree with? I have no idea whether Fernando will ever be good enough, it is the revisionism regarding Garcia's time at the club that is getting on my tits. Of course if we had Schneiderlin that would be great. I think it is unlikely though to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.