Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Arse's 2nd goal, he hasn't a clue where Giroud is which results in a free header.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Does anyone have the stats on our Premier League results for games where Fernando starts vs when he doesn't this season? I think it would make interesting reading

He has started every game we have lost or drawn except Chelsea when we actually played really well.

Enough said.

Kind of sums it all up. And to think people were suggesting Yaya was the problem! Lol

MihaiCity said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
No doubt he didn't have a great game today and hasn't yet lived up to expectations but he's been better this season than Fernandinho who cost three times as much. The £35 mil we spent on Fernandinho is the problem and not Fernando.

please fuck off and never return rag

Really? Is that the sum of your argument against my opinion? At least next time try something called capital letters and full stops. Alternatively if you have nothing constructive to say, shut the fuck up.

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
MihaiCity said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
No doubt he didn't have a great game today and hasn't yet lived up to expectations but he's been better this season than Fernandinho who cost three times as much. The £35 mil we spent on Fernandinho is the problem and not Fernando.

please fuck off and never return rag

Really? Is that the sum of your argument against my opinion? At least next time try something called capital letters and full stops. Alternatively if you have nothing constructive to say, shut the fuck up.

Bl**dy ell.not read the rest of the thread but there is only one raggy post there.

Shaelumstash said:
Shaelumstash said:
Does anyone have the stats on our Premier League results for games where Fernando starts vs when he doesn't this season? I think it would make interesting reading

He has started every game we have lost or drawn except Chelsea when we actually played really well.

Enough said.

Kind of sums it all up. And to think people were suggesting Yaya was the problem! Lol

I agree he's nowhere near good enough, but I'm perplexed why his team mate who cost at least three times as much is getting away blame free. At £35 million I'd expect Fernandinho to step up and help fill the void left by Yaya but he was worse than Fernando today.

I think its amazing that Dino doesn't get the grief that a £30 million plus player who is playing crap should get, its not as though we paid peanuts for him

Shaelumstash said:
Shaelumstash said:

Enough said.

Just checked over our league fixtures. We've won every game that Fernando has not started in except Chelsea and Arsenal away, which were both draws.

The only games we have lost, Fernando has started in all of them.

That's a frightening occurrence. ^

This is the most important issue for us.

We need a top notch CDM or Yaya backup. Nando has been ok in a few games but he's simply not performing to the standard of a top team and because of that Fernandinho can't safely push ahead when Yaya is not there.

cookster said:
Just watched Arse's 2nd goal, he hasn't a clue where Giroud is which results in a free header.
Although I am not a fan of Nando, I don't think he is entirely responsible for the second goal.

It was bleeding obvious that Giroud was always going to be the danger man in the air from corners and set pieces. So when you look at our positioning for the second goal our two central defenders closest to Giroud were Nando and Lampard. Vinny and Demichelis should have been in those positions and one of them should have been marking Giroud. They were no where to be seen.

So the second goal was a case of lack of organisation and poor concentration, not simply by Nando but our other defenders as well.

jollylescott said:
cookster said:
Although I am not a fan of Nando, I don't think he is entirely responsible for the second goal.

It was bleeding obvious that Giroud was always going to be the danger man in the air from corners and set pieces. So when you look at our positioning for the second goal our two central defenders closest to Giroud were Nando and Lampard. Vinny and Demichelis should have been in those positions and one of them should have been marking Giroud. They were no where to be seen.

So the second goal was a case of lack of organisation and poor concentration, not simply by Nando but our other defenders as well.
Kompany was busy marking the 6"6' Per Mertesacker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.